Thursday, August 23, 2007

On The Road Again...

Only working half a day tomorrow, then heading out for Arkansas to do a gig. I've never stepped foot in that state before, so you can be sure there will be a shotglass and also a new babyspoon added to my collections during the trip... My mom's real mom's family is from Arkansas. That's all I know about them, except for what her real mom's last name was. Our gig is a private show for entertainment at some big convention. I'm sure I'll be scruitinizing name tags in the hallways and elevators to see if I might pass anyone with that last name. I know, that 's pretty lame. Like I'd be paying enough attention at any given time to even notice there might be someone in the elevator with me or passing me in the hall? Not likely.

We decided to leave the new hunka-hunka-burning-ripped-in-two-places-jumpsuit at home rather than try to mend it for the show. We decided it'd be better just to use one of the other suits instead of having to hold back on the performance and energy of the show due to worrying about more rips and tears. It wouldn't be fair to the audience or the people who are paying us to perform. Right? right.

I can't remember if I posted about getting called about a job over in big city last Friday. Anyway, I did get a call but it wasn't worth the hour drive each way to big city and back, and it would only be doing workmen's comp stuff which would be a total snore. I'm still looking though. I put in with the state gaming commission last week and the bureau of alcohol, tobacco and firearms this week. Sooner or later I'm going to find that perfect job.

But for now, I'm going to finish up the stuff on my desk and try to figure out what I need to pack. What on earth do people wear in Arkansas?? Goodness. I have no clue.

2 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Have a good safe trip. Aren't shoes optional there? -- just kidding if anyone from Ak is reading.

8:03 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

how on earth did you get a gig there??????

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home