Wednesday, July 25, 2007

All Things Political...

I'm going to break my rule of not blogging about stuff that's controversial today. What the hell. I'm in a rare mood...

First off - I paid 2.73 for gas this morning. How much are you paying for gas where you're at? I haven't seen 2.73 for a LONG time LOL...

I've been watching America's Got Talent, no prediction on the winner but oh my gosh! The first part of the rounds, this chubby guy got up with a guitar and sang... WOW! His name is Cas Haley and he has a fantastic sound that I've never heard from a white guy before. I absolutely loved the music, the sound of the voice. Good stuff. After he sang the 2nd time a couple weeks later, I was definitely hooked. I got online and found his myspace and his band's web site and ordered his cd. I haven't bought a cd in six years, but I really liked that sound... so anyway... he made it through and sang again last night. It was time for the voting... I voted 10 times from my phone. 10 times from Lil'dd's phone. I was trying to talk Mr.SoonToBeBlue and Dh into letting me vote from their phones too, but they said I was getting rediculous... (yep. that's me) but anyway... the cd came a couple days after I ordered it. It was very well done. The music is fantastic, the voice/sound mix sounds totally professionally done. Hey, I've worked in the music industry for years, by now I can tell the difference LOL.... but anyway. I was REALLY disappointed in the actual lyrics in the songs themselves. They were a little drug-infested for my taste, but I still keep listening to the stupid cd because I love the sound and that voice...

Anyone know how long the IRS will let a company go without paying income taxes before they really get into trouble? Things here at work are bad. ....really bad. I appliied for another job yesterday. Something has got to give in this small freeking town...

Six months ago I stated that although I'm a registered republican, I vote my conscience and not the party preference. I'm predicting the democratic ticket for president next year will be a Hilary/Obama thing going on. Most likely Hilary running for Pres and Obama their choice for her V.P. Just my thoughts on that while I'm writing naughty today...

Oh! So, did you go out and buy the new Harry Potter book? I had to wait until Sunday evening to get it because we were out at the lake. I LOVED the book but am grumbling about the ending... that's all I'll say for now. I read it in 5 1/2 hours. Ms.Blue didn't get her copy in the mail until Monday and she's not finished yet. Lil-DD and Mr.SoonToBeBlue started reading it as soon as I finished, she's reading it evenings while he's been working, and he's been reading during the day. I cannot believe it's all over... :( The kids and I have ready HP together since the first story came out...

Gotta run, have a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Hey Kim I so miss your daily ok I am late but still ... how are ya.. love the lookin for new work still. I wish all I would have was one last one in teh hosue.... love ya stop by....

10:03 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I watch Americas got talent and I love Cas too- I was SO happy when the Bollywood guy and boy shakira didnt make it through, I found nothing about them to be entertaining and was disappointed in the judges that they put them through instead of some of the other people who actually had some talent.

4:26 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

I'm predicting Hillary gets the nomination for Prez and either Obama for vice or Richardson. If she's smart she'll pick Richardson for Sec of State should she get elected. I'm worried that if she and Obama win the election the South may try to seceed again.
BTW daughter finished Potter off in a day and a half -- quite a record for her. I'll rent the audio cd's and listen to it on the long drives I'm taking.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home