Friday, June 22, 2007

TGIF!

It's finally Friday! Unfortunately, that means Ms.Blue is leaving for home this evening. She's been a treasure most of the time she's been home. I'm really going to hate seeing her get on the plane tonight :( ...yesterday she and I snuck off to spend a little big of quality girl time together. Her poor feet were such a mess from wearing combat boots 40 hours a week, and she's wearing flip-flops most of the time (when she's not in her cowboy boots, SIGH)... so we went and got pedicures. She was so excited that her feet looked girly afterwards, she went with a girlfriend over to BigCity and bought foot scrub and lotions and new sandals and some sassy new bras... I'm glad to see her acting more and more like a girl, and that being in the military hasn't totally made her conform. She may be almost 20 but she' s still my first baby, always will be...

So DH has grudgingly agreed to make another trip to SamsClub when we take Ms.Blue to the airport... I know he's got his eye on one of the flat screen tvs over there and him deciding to put one in the cart this close to our vacation really would NOT be a good thing... LOL

As for me, except for being sad about Ms.Blue leaving tonight and being totally heartbroken that Mr.SoonToBeBlue leaves in just one more month... I'm doing great. In fact, I've been gearing up in vacation-mode all week (yeah, I know. I had all that time off after my surgery but hey, I need a VACATION!)... Boss has either been out or in court most of the week so I've been playing online... researching some of the things we want to do in Orlando... that sort of stuff. Just six more sleeps and I haven't started packing yet for the 1st part of our trip, though I do have most of the other stuff gathered for the 2nd part of our trip...

Someone said yesterday was the first day of summer. Huhh? It's been summer here for 3 1/2 months already. ...I keep looking at my tan to make sure but I'm pretty sure...

It's time for vacation.

2 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Best wishes for both of the kiddoes. It won't be too much longer you'll have that empty nest.

12:31 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

so do ya have any big E stuff planned???? Have fun

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home