Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

Since I got to go down and pick out new living room furniture for mother's day, I surprised DH with a custom built laptop for father's day. To replace the one we use for the elvis music to run on during the gigs... you know ... the one the glass of tea spilled into back when Mr.SoonToBeBlue thought he was man enough to use the FWord and I went flying over the coffee table after him... yeah, that laptop. anyway. It was supposed to be here this coming Friday, a little late, but loaded down with all the hardware Dh could imagine. Suddenly last week, the tracking information said my order had been cancelled. I was on the phone with them, wait, let me rephrase. I had the office phone in one ear and the cell phone in the other. I was on the PHONES with them for an our and fifteen minutes last Thursday. Getting it straightened out. Finally, it was back in production and I'll be darned if they didn't extend the ship date to July something or other, when I'm going to be in Orlando... so this morning, he called and asked me if there wait, let me back up. DH called and asked me if there was any news on the laptop. I pulled it up and lo and behold it shipped out of Nashville on Saturday and will be here TOMORROW! Not as late as we expected and he'll have a few days to play around with it before we go to Florida... and he has 2 months to get it all loaded w/ the music, and the sound & lighting software before our big gig up in Hot Springs....

We spent part of father's day at the lake. The rest of it, HE spent in his new recliner while Ms.Blue and I ran off to a bridal shower for a little while. Then. HE cooked dinner.
Imagine that.
There might be hope for him after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home