Monday, June 11, 2007

NavyBoy & Ms.Blue & MoreBeer...

We headed out to the lake Friday night after work, man was it hot! Ended up putting one of the boats in and just cruising around on the water until 9pm when it finally started cooling off... while we were out, NavyBoy consumed most of a 12-pack. By the time we were cooking dinner, he'd had enough to start pouring his lil' heart out to DH and myself...

He MENTIONED that he knew from right off that Ms.Blue wasn't like any other girl he'd ever known... then he MENTIONED that he has his eye on a piece of land out by his parents that he plans to buy ... then he MENTIONED that he isn't going to ask Ms.Blue to marry him without talking to DH first...

OMG about that time I started choking on the air I was breathing. Ms.Blue said I got a really strange look on my face.

THAT was A LOT to soak up before dinner.

I couldn't eat.

I stayed up until 2am slamming mudslides with my friend S after everybody went to bed.

Saturday we all got up early and hit the water. Boats. Jet skis. Lots of swimming and soaking up the rays. ...out of the blue a few people and my dh kept asking me, "What's Wrong??" Nothing I said. At least I didn't THINK anything was wrong.

I was just having a Mom Moment I guess... This is my little girl. Ya know?

...So... Saturday night we took Lil'DD and Mr.SoonToBeBlue to a going away party his friends were having for him (Mr.STBB)...they had a band and everything and about 25 kids showed up... and after dropping them off, the rest of us went to karaoke for an hour before NavyBoy and Ms.Blue headed out west to TX to stay with his family for a few days.

For whatever reason, NavyBoy is bringing his parents to meet us on Thursday when he brings Ms.Blue back here to spend the rest of her leave with us. I'm not sure that I'm up to this... but I'll try.

That was my weekend. I can't wait to go and read all of your blogs and hope you had more fun than I did...

4 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH GOOD MORNING CAN I STOP LAUGHING NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAH


Yep been there a couple times. Not but a couple were the M word...

9:42 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

OMG, meeting his parents? That's never a good sign.

At least he's enough of a gentleman to ask for DH's permission beforehand. Don't see that too often anymore.

10:58 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Not ready for her to get that serious are you? I know how you feel though it was a "Dad moment".
It's hard to watch a train wreck coming and not say something about it. Hope everything turns out well.

6:40 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

well they all have to grow up some time. not mine though i am making them stay with me forever. lol just kidding. hope your meeting goes well with his parents, can't wait to hear about it.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home