Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Sec Is A PITA...

The sec is still in way over her head. No, she hasn't been fired yet. I guess she's better than the old sec in a way because at least she comes to work and TRIES...when she's here. She still spends most of her day out running errands though.

Yesterday we had the most unbelievable conversation. She planted herself in my office. The she asked me, "Have you ever done an appeal start to finish?" "Of COURSE I've done appeals." then she queried, "Do you have all the steps documented to do the appeal?" "What do you want to know? Just pull one up on your computer from my files and look at one of them..." I told her.

"Yeah, but I need to know ALL THE STEPS." She insisted...

SIGH. COUNT TO TEN. DEEP BREATH.

"Sec," I said, "File your notice of appeal with the supreme court clerk and make sure to mail a copy to all the parties involved, the lower court judge, and keep a copy for your file..."

...I wandered by her desk a little later. ...just as she was STAPLING THE JUDGMENT OF THE LOWER COURT TO THE NOTICE OF APPEAL

SIGH. COUNT TO TEN. BREATHE...

"ummm.... what's that?" I said.

"This is what we are going to appeal." she replied.

"ummm... did you state the issue you are going to appeal in your notice ot appeal?" my question was.

"Well, yeah, I think so." she said.

"You don't attach anything to that." I insisted.

She handed me the court rule book. SIGH. BREATHE. COUNT AGAIN...
"LOOK HERE" she pointed to the rule she thought she was reading. ..."It says to make sure to include all of the documents which will be involved with the appeal..."

OMG. She's an idiot. ..."You list that, along with all of the other documents which might be in the lower court file on your designation of the record."

Her next question... "What's THAT?"

you know... if you don't know what the hell you're doing, why don't you leave shit alone?? I just printed one out and handed it to her... with the short explanation of..."If the paper you were going to mistakenly attach to your notice of appeal were all you planed to include, you are going to limit the attorney terribly when he goes to court on this and waste his time and the clients money because you are going to lose the appeal before you even file it"

OMG. where are the attorneys in this firm???

She dropped out of her paralegal courses after just a couple of weeks, and thinks she can do an appeal?? SIGH

It's going to be a very VERY long week...

4 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

oksooooooooooo Is she still hitting on you?


AND,, let us compare the two sec.'s maybe IF this one is stupid BUT is there??????

2:19 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

If you knew the students that just graduated from my high school...

2:20 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

omg so sorry i have been such a bad blogger lately not coming around. just been so busy. sorry to hear your still having issues with the sec!!! if they would pay moms to stay home all our worries and frustrations would be gone. hang in there. how are you feeling??

9:33 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

You're a saint for dealing with these people.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home