Tuesday, May 08, 2007

RETURN OF LAWGIRL!

Did ya miss me???? :)

Who would have thought 7 weeks would go by so fast! Today is actually my 2nd day back at work but yesterday was totally crazy and I just couldn't stop long enough to post. I'm going to try and sum up the past 7 weeks in one post, but honestly, when I finally stopped and settled down and got a ton of great rest, I wished I could have written a post every single day! So much is happening out there in the world when you get me away from the firm and running 100mph all of the time...

Let's go clear back to March 19th...
I came in to work that morning and was gone a good part of the day for my pre-op workup at the hospital. Just as I was getting ready to leave to head out there, the sec yelled that I had a phone call from the Congressman's office. Oh what a treat! It was official. Mr. SoonToBeBlue had received a congressional appointment to the AirForceAcademy and is officially AcademyBoy. Things for him from that point have been a whirlwind. He flew to CO by himself for four days and did his orientation. He leaves in 7 weeks and a day and oh what an honor. I cried over the spiffy half page article that ran about AcademyBoy in our local newspaper a couple weeks later... But anyway... the good news definitely was a big help in keeping me from getting nervous about my surgery... in fact, I never got nervous at all.

No problems w/ the preop appointment, got a couple hours away from the office and went back to work until 5. Went home and packed an overnight bag, not knowing how many nights I was going for but only that I was GOING... gosh, it had been years and years and well... more than 9 years since I'd spent a night ALONE anywhere by myself. I was excited believe you me.

I don't remember too terribly much about the day of the surgery. It ended up being about 7 hours later than it was scheduled for because the dr had a couple emergency surgeries he had to take care of before they got to me. No big deal. I was there for the long haul. I fell asleep right after they wheeled me into surgery about the time the anesthesiologist (sp??) told me to take three deep breaths... ...and woke up later screaming and crying and in a really awkward position, knees bent and my incision across my lower abdomen hurt like HELL! OMG it took them some time to get the pain down and then I woke up again in my hospital room... spent three nights in the hospital but immediately felt better than I have in 10 years or more... sweet. (not sure if it was from the surgery or getting to spend 3 nights alone, the jury is still out on that one...)

It was nice getting all the flowers and presents and stuff... having the kids come and visit for short times... all of those horrible, nosey, strange people whose mission in life is visiting in the hospital took my advise and stayed away...


And I rested and I read and rested and read...

Came back to work yesterday, started a new part time job on Sunday. I'm tired. Gonna take me a while yet to get my strength and stamina back, that's for sure...

will try to post more later as time allows!

7 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Good to have you back. Congratulations of having your son go to AFA. Hope he does well.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

A lot of stuff packed in that seven weeks.

Take Care
Michael

9:44 PM  
Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

have missed you! happy you're back and that everything went well with your surgery.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

WELCOME BACK. Glad to know that you are much better.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Yay!!!! SO glad you are back!

9:53 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

GOOD TO SEE YA.. BUT it is gunna still take a little while till ya get back into LIFE. Missed ya alot.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

YAY, glad youre back!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home