Friday, March 09, 2007

TMI. Really. TMI. (I warned you!)

cystoscopy.

Ever head of that word before?

I hadn't. At least not up until yesterday I hadn't.

My dr. told me I need to go see this other dr. for a "CONSULT" before my surgery. I figured no big deal. They were booked solid for the next 3 weeks but somehow managed to squeeze me in. I didn't complain even after I sat in the lobby waiting for 2 hours and 5 minutes before they called me into the back for my "CONSULT."

Yeah, right.

The nurse was fabulous. Sweetest thing since God created honey. Asked me all of my pre-op questions and made me feel right at home. The doctor was your typical creepy doctor. I wasn't real impressed. He told me what his part of the procedure was going to be and what he is going to do. No sweat. Then he said he needed to take a look. INSIDE. my bladder. uh... you're kidding, right? 'JUST TO MAKE SURE ITS HEALTHY'. ummmm... it's working fine, didn't your nurse tell you I had just pee'd in the cup she handed me? My bladder is just freeking peachy thankyouverymuch.

Yeah well...

Something to do with the labor 20 years ago from my first child or something they needed to take a quick peek and see... so they did. and I'M WHINING.

It wasn't so totally horrid during the procedure. The lydocane helped make the scope not totally so painful, more like just a lot uncomfortable. And getting to watch the inside of my bladder up there on the tv screen in front of us helped give me something to think about. But I swear. I have never felt so freeking violated in my life. The place you pee from is NOT MADE for a freeking camera to take a trip up exploring. End of story.

The lydocane didn't last long. Tylenol isn't that much help either.
I've spent the past 24 hours feeling like I could just rip somebody's eyeballs right out of their head. Pretty bad I tell you.
I know... I know... TMI.
But you can't say I didn't warn you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Ouch

Feel for you.


Take Care
Michael

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had it done before.

Ouch.

I totally feel for you.

Idgie

1:32 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I almost cried just reading that. I have to be honest and say I'm not sure I would have let them do it. I'm hard headed that way. I also have no qualms about telling a doctor "nope... not gonna happen"

I hope nothing is ever ever stuck up my pee hole.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sending you (((HUGS)))!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home