Friday, May 18, 2007

Girl Angry.

I don't know what's wrong with me today. I've only been back at work 2 weeks and already I'm as short tempered and angry while I'm in the office as I was before the time off...

Maybe it was the fact that gas prices jumped 20 cents overnight. Or how I'm spending 2/3 of a days wages on gasoline so that I can drive to this wonderful law firm and line my boss' pockets with the cash he puts there instead of the bank account so that I might get a raise... not to mention that we all know it's been 5 years since my last raise...

Or maybe it's this. Good sec gossip. On Monday a tax agent stopped by the office to mention that they were gonna do all sorts of good legal stuff to the company and the building because the payroll taxes hadn't been paid in... oh, at least 10 months. SINCE THE OLD SEC LEFT. huh? I mentioned it (HAHAHAHAHAH) to my boss when he returned from lunch. He huffed and he puffed and then finally admitted that although he has been practicing law since before I was born, he has no clue what taxes need to be taken care of for his employees. Never has never will kinda conversation. And he asked me to look into it. So I started looking for the tax folder the old sec used to keep. I knew she had one, but the file is no longer in existence apparently. So I started digging. There were tax letters and forms and stuff never even opened from all sorts of important tax people at various agencies. The new sec came back in the middle of this and said ..."I don't know how to DO it" ... from the minute she lied during her interview here insisting she could do it and stay on top of it... until now, she's been HIDING all the tax stuff and pretending it would all go away. Oh. My. God. What a mess I walked into.

Liens and levys and assessments and penalties and interest. Forms that were never filed and payments that were never made. It took me 30 minutes to figure it all out and present my boss with the grand sum that would be needed to get them out of this mess... He wasn't happy.

He yelled at the other partner. YELLED. His exact words were (speaking about the sec) AS FAR AS i'M CONCERNED, SHE CAN GO!!! THIS IS INEXCUSABLE. AND WHERE IS ALL OF THIS EXTRA MONEY GOING TO COME FROM?? IT IS GOING TO BE TAKEN OUR OF HER PAYCHECK. ... yeah right. Neither freeking attorney said ONE WORD to the sec. Not One. And on top of all my other work, guess who now gets to keep up with the firms taxes?? (sigh)...

So... I'm angry. And I have some other things going on that I'll probably write about before too long but am just not ready to share right now...

Have a good weekend.
Oh, and if you get a raise? Don't bother telling me about it. Some guy (friend's husband who is a supervisor somewhere) made sure to point out to me last night that his "employees got a raise this year... and last year" and so did he. This is NOT the sort of conversation I want to be having with anyone in my life right now. It does NOT help. Not at all...

7 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OH KIM!!! I am so sorry is there any way you can go chekc out that other place that had offered you the other job? I would so go check it out and see just what they might have waiting for you. I would bail in a heart beat,, oH WAIT we all know that by now huh! miss ya and hope you are getting up and around, oh yeah forgot to add you will see many differances these days.. Hang in there have a great weekend. love ya and miss ya most. hey is hte clicking of hte key board loud to you?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Oh dear God, I can only IMAGINE how much those penalties came out to. The KGB, er I mean IRS, doesn't appreciate it when they don't get their cut.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

I swear, your bosses must have gone to the same employee supervision classes as the knuckle draggers that run our office.

5:31 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

I feel for you. Hope you have a good weekend to destress from all teh crap going on at work.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I vote for either a sick out or take a few suspiciously long lunches so the attys think you might be interviewing elsewhere- this is ridiculous and you shouldnt put up with it

12:33 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Oh my gosh. What a dumb ass she is. She would have to go after pulling this crap.

So sorry that you have come back to this huge mess.

4:26 PM  
Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

Kim, you are so smart and talented. Find another job and tell these people to kiss your grits!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home