Wednesday, June 06, 2007

No Bed & Breakfast Here!

When Ms.Blue called 12 days ago and said she was taking 3 weeks of leave and bringing NavyBoy with her, we changed our plans for those weeks to make sure we would be home and could accomodate the things they wanted to do. She was coming Friday. Two days from now...

Ms. Blue surprised me on Monday and called saying, "Mom! Guess what time we'll be there!" She and NavyBoy decided to leave a couple of days early and were coming in Tuesday morning (yesterday) rather than Friday. No sweat. Of course, mom that I am, I hurried to make sure the house was tidied and that we had extra groceries for the earlier days they were coming along with clean sheets for the extra beds...

They planned on driving straight through, but not leaving until 8pm east coast time, we were worried that they'd be too tired and encouraged them to stop and get a little sleep at least sometime during the trip.

She txt'ed me during the night, state by state letting me know of their progress. Last one I received was about 6am yesterday, that they'd made it into Alabama and were going to try and sleep because they were tired.

8:00 last night still no kids in the driveway. No phone call telling us they were going to be late or not coming. Heck! It's only about a 5 1/2 hour drive from where they're at to home. I called her. They decided to (FuckLikeRabbits?) spend another night in AL before driving the rest of the way and were just to freeking inconsiderate to call and let us know. No big deal. I'm flexible. But we've already adapted and adjusted life twice the last couple of days for these 2 kids and now I'm not in the welcomingest of moods to greet them.

I don't like (or stand for) disrespect out of my children... Now that I've spent the past 2 days a little ticked off because Ms.Blue is being so inconsiderate, I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to give her and NavyBoy the warm reception they might have gotten otherwise. Heck, I haven't seen my daughter in 6 months. This is the first time she's bringing a boy home to meet us. How the hell am I supposed to feel? I imagine the next few days (if they even decide to show up!) will be quite interesting. DH is in rare form and hates NavyBoy already...

SO... EvilMother that I am, I have a plan in the works. PayBackIsABitch my dear darling daughter. There is a certain boy that Ms.Blue dated her senior year of high school. Those of you who were reading my blog back in those days might remember me posting about him. I adored this boy. They could have gotten married somewhere down the road and life would have been grand. But Ms.Blue flew away and joined the air force. And SuperBoy ran away and became ArmyBoy. ...I played poker last Friday night with ArmyBoy's Daddy (Evil Laugh)... and ArmyBoy's Daddy just happened to mention that ArmyBoy himself is home on leave until the middle of next week. (oh yeah!). ArmyBoy's Daddy is going to make sure that ArmyBoy catches up with us sometime over the weekend ...

Well. I think now that I've blown off steam I might be able to handle a possible meet&greet sometime this afternoon.

At least I should have some interesting things to write about the next few weeks! LOL

edited 10:40 a.m.
...thought I needed to mention that just because I haven't blogged about it, does not mean that I've forgotten the WSOP has started in Vegas. I am following each day's highlights as well as keeping up with the various poker blogs posted by both the players and those in town to cover the tournaments. My heart beats a little faster every day when I pull them up. ...man I can wait until next year when I get to go back... it's something you just don't ever get over.

3 Comments:

Blogger 1 plus twins said...

i am like you i can't disrespect from my childern (and i would be upset too) but try to remember how you were at that age and remember to just try to blow it off and enjoy her visit home!!!! take in every minute of it cuz if might be another 6 months before you get to hug her again. (i hope not though) love the army boy plan!!! lol

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Loving the armyboy plan, hilarious. Totally unacceptable that she isnt keeping you updated about when her plans change, I would NEVER do that to my mom and dad. Driving home to GA from TX during the 5 years I lived there, I called once a state to let them know my progress. And really not smart on her part when she is bringing a boy home for the first time- she should be making sure everything is rosy and going according to plan so that the parents meet the boy under the best of circumstances.

12:01 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Sounds like its going to be fun.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home