Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ms.Blue & NavyBoy Day 1

When Ms.Blue decided to JoinTheAirForce, I thought it would be a very good thing for her to experience more of the world than she would find had she stayed here and tried to make some sort of life for herself. We've traveled a whole lot over the years and she's seen a lot of places, and well, I just really hoped that she wouldn't settle for what is HERE. Lord knows we're counting the time until the kids are grown and we don't have to feel like we need to stay here anymore. Anyway...

So. Ms. Blue has spent the past year up in BigCityOnTheEast Coast where she's stationed. Trust her to find a piece of home wherever she goes...

Ms.Blue and NavyBoy arrived right after I got home from work last night. Ms.Blue and NavyBoy arrived in RedneckTruck with RedneckTrailer attached, as NavyBoy ended his navy career a few days ago and is on his way home to his parents house to work with his dad and start college in the fall.

I don't know who was more nerve-wracked the first hour or so, the kids or DH and myself. I didn't want to like the kid. I tried my hardest not to like him, especially when Ms.Blue came to the door dressed in a mini-skirt that is smaller than most bikinis and a top, well, I guess you could call it a top, that ummm... well... let's just say I have dish towells that have more material to them than what she was using for a top... (Guess I've forgot to mention over the years that Ms.Blue is the one female in our family who ended up with all the boobs of the other females in our family for 3 generations. All piled onto her proud little (little? HAH!) chest... but anyway...

So once the introductions were over and everybody started to relax (DH had a couple and I started drinking pretty heavily the minute they hit the door)... things were ok. I mean REALLY ok. He's a nice kid. And they do seem to get along really good. I know from things Ms.Blue has told me that he's really good about buying her flowers all the time and stuffed animals and jewlrey and taking her out to eat... things that are important. He's really respectful like most texas boys too... so that's a plus... I think they started relaxing before I did though, alcohol or no alcohol... as they both wolfed down 2 burgers at dinner when I barely picked at everything on my plate...

NavyBoy is bunking in with Mr.SoonToBeBlue and Ms.Blue is bunking in with Lil'DD. They knew that was going to be the arrangements before they even left BigCityOnTheEastCoast and seem to have no problem with it...

Mostly after that, we were just getting caught up with Ms.Blue and making chit-chat with NavyBoy... nothing super interesting happened but hopefully something will come up worth writing about.

As for my plan of stirring the pot and bringing ArmyBoy back into the picture, the joke was on me! Ms.Blue had called ArmYBoy during the day yesterday and he had a 5pm flight back to ArmYBase and they won't be able to meet up after all...

Oh. One more thing. DM (my dear mother) has phoned several times over the past few days, doing the 'inquiring minds wanna know' thing... She keeps insisting that Ms.Blue is pregnant and that's why they're coming to see us and going to see his parents. Ummmm... thanks Mom. I know where I get my evil ways from. No, she's not preggers (thank God!).

4 Comments:

Blogger 1 plus twins said...

ha ha your too funny. i am so glad that you like him (even though i so know you don't want too) and that is good no drama while they are there. you don't want any of that. just plan normal family fun!! man i am glad i don't have daughters that outfit would have given me and my hubby a heart attack. lol love ya!

9:45 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

hahah I am sorry did you say MY mother called you? Do they ever think "HAPPY THOUGHTS"? I am glad though that they seem happy. With us I think that is the big thing other then the younger siblings. Check out what they think of him. Have fun he does sound like a might be keeper.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Dont tell her you like him- thats the kiss of death, she'll dump him within a month.
Glad shes doing well and seems happy- lord knows shes doing better then Jay's Army cousin (gah, dont get me started)

3:32 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Thanks for the invite.
You could have been kind and posted a picture of Msblue wearing the minidress and short top. Just kidding, my imagination is doing a much better job anyway.
Have fun with the kiddos, even if she isn't expecting now, it won't be long until the grandkids show up.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home