Thursday, June 14, 2007

Grandma the Groupie...

My Mom totally loves Toby Keith. She called me a couple of weeks ago and said "Kim!" "Toby's going to be on Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmell and I've taken off work and am going!! " ...if that poor man is anywhere within 500 miles from my Mom, she's going to see Toby.

Well, it turns out she wasn't picked to do Leno but did make the Kimmell show yesterday. I didn't know who in the heck this person is, never heard of him before she said she was going. Ok. I found it and set the tivo. I'm not staying up that late to watch Toby, the Kimmell guy, whoever the hell he is, or my Mom.

This morning I got up and rushed to turn on the tv and FF the tivo up until Toby came on. Then, there she was. MOM. On Tv. I've only seen her twice in the past 9 years because of the distance and the cost to get us all out there and the fact that her one flight to visit us and then fly home scared her to death... and I lost it. I sat in front of the television set this morning bawling my eyes out, rewinding and watching and rewinding and watching and rewinding and watching... I did that for 30 minutes. DH got up and walked out in the living room to find me, sitting there with the remote in my hands... sniffling with tears on my cheeks... he said, "What in the HELL is wrong with you?" "I SAW MY MOM!!" I said. "And that's something to cry about?" he asked?? well. Yeah. Today it was. I. Saw. My. MOM.

...Other news this week, Ms.Blue learned a lesson! Woohoo!!
She called me Tuesday night, saying, "Mom. I need to tell you so you don't THINK THE INCONSIDERATE (I almost giggled here). They're not going to be able to bring me home until Friday because MotherOfNavyBoy has to work...

OH YEAH... SCORE ONE FOR THIS MOM!

So with the change of plans, rather than a quick hello and good-bye tonight meeting ParentsOfNavyBoy, it's turned into ParentsOfNavyBoy are bringing Ms.Blue, NavyBoy and the family camper out to spend part of the weekend with us out at the lake. (HUH? They're going to be intruding on my party time???)

And even better news...
I went to wal-mart at lunch (yeah, you'd think I'd learn my lesson after the quick trip and coming home with just one shoe...) but anyway. We had just checked for the little individual slushie machine w/ the cute cups/straw/spoon on Monday and they were still out. I almost forgot to check after picking up father's day cards but remembered just before I got in line. They had the machine w/ one cup and I bought the last 5 cups. Phew. My girlfriends have been using theirs for weeks and they are so totally much fun making all the different flavors of slushies (with vodka for the adults of course) out at the lake when it's 98 degrees and 98% humidity. ...silly thing to get excited about, I know. But I REALLY wanted one.

So anyway. Vodka. Slushie. ParentsOfNavyBoy.
Did I mention Vodka. Slushie?
yeah. The weekend might not be a total waste after all...
Vodka. Slushie
Vodka. Slushie.
Vodka. Slushie...

5 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Mmmm, vodka slushie. I wonder if you can make a rum and diet coke slushie? That would be so awesome that it might make me cry.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

This might be a dumb question, but is it even possible to make Vodka slushies since, you know, you can't freeze alcohol? Sounds good, though. ;)

5:25 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Never heard of Vodka Slushies, but with the cups being so hard to find it must be popular out there.

8:29 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

ha ha got the same thing last year there!! love it to death. kids too (the ones with no alcohol) target now has some flavors too. sorry about your mom and having a bad day. that has to suck not seeing her in 9 years and then to see her on tv. i would cry and call off work and not get out of bed but i am a big baby. lol try to have fun with navyboys parents!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

oh hey do the other parents know about E. yet?

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home