Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sniffle...Sniffle... at XYZ Law Firm

Yesterday this guy came in the office whom I'd never seen before with a huge stack of discovery marked with the district attorney's cover sheet. He told me that attorney Y had given it to him to read and he wasn't finished marking it up yet so he asked me to make him a copy. I copied the whole 5 inches and handed it to him, and took a message for attorney Y to call him when he got back from lunch. He told me his name, which was vaguely familiar... is that spelled with a Y or a G? I asked him. When he answered something in his voice jogged my memory and I remembered exactly who he was from talking to him on the phone dozens of times. Then he left.

I flipped through the book he left me with. Reports from the district attorney. Witness interviews. the works. And promptly forgot about the whole thing.

A couple hours later he's back in the office meeting with attorney Y. The guy must have court in the next couple of days. And I heard him being the big tough businessman discussing this and that and the errors in the statements and whatever.

Yeah. This is the guy who called seven times a day, over a period of about six months, from the jail, crying, begging attorney Y to go and see him.

Some days I love my job.
Even if I haven't had a raise since 2002.
Yesterday, especially because the sec was out sick for the 2nd day in a row,
I really, really loved my job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

it must have been really hard not to say SOMETHING to let him know that you were the phone getting all the phone calls and messages.

4:35 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

ummmm yeah about that raise,,,, get in there and get it.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home