Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Last Week...

Mr.SoonToBeBlue is leaving in less than a week. I've been numb for days and days and today I'm starting to feel like I'm going to shatter into a zillion pieces... Saturday we went to the lake for the last time just the four of us. Sunday, Mr.SoonToBeBlue and I went driving. It's been over 2 years since he took driver's ed, and although he's had his permit, he hasn't driven all that time... Brave soul that I am, I decided to let him drive me to wal-mart. O.M.G. I went through my entire dictionary of cuss words in the first mile and a half. What was I thinking?? Why on earth would I want this child to get a driver's license while he was still living in my home rather than waiting until he's out on his own??? Anyway... so he drove to wal-mart and we bought his carryon bag to take his change of clothes with him... and his phone card... so he can call home from boot camp... Then today, today was another big day for him. He went to take the driving test to get his license. He made it... he got his license. We went from the driver's license place to get a cell phone set up. He can't take it with him to boot camp, but he wanted to get it set up now and I'm going to bring it to him at graduation in September... so he'll have it... poor kid, they asked for a $500.00 deposit and he paid it out of his own pocket... it was what he wanted to do... I stood there and wanted to throw up... maybe he'll be responsible and get it back in a year, who knows? ...we went from there and headed to wal-mart and ordered his new contact rx. He can't wear contacts at boot camp, has to wear those silly birth control glasses, but we're bringing the contacts to him in september as well so he can have them for tech school when he's allowed to wear them again... All of this took 2 1/2 hours and I treasured every second of it... time spent with my son. As I was driving him home. ...(What - do you think just because he got a license he's going to drive me more??? Hahhahaha. Not anytime soon. I need to learn some new cuss words first...) anyway... on the way to drop him off so I could get to work, he said... Mom... the phone is in my name and the bank is in my name and you won't have to worry about problems with me like you did with Ms.Blue... O.M.G. I've wanted to cry ever since... I'll still worry and I'm sure he'll have some problem or another... and I'm so proud that he's trying not to make the same mistakes as his big sister...

The rest of today I've been fighting a migraine. I don't get them very often anymore, and only when the stress gets where I can't handle it... yep. I'm there.

Tonight is Mr.SoonToBeBlue's last night of work. His friends have already had a band & going away party for him. ...now all that's left is getting through these next couple of days and saying good-bye for now.

I really thought the second one going away to the air force was going to be easier. I'm discovering it isn't. Nope. Not at all...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Aw, hun. I'm sorry.

4:09 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

so sorry I am late,,, hang in there.....

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I think its so sweet that he paid attention to how aggravated you were when all the phone and bank stuff went down with Ms. Blue and wants to try to make sure that he doesnt make the same mistakes. Still sucks that he has to leave though, Im sorry

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home