Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baby's Got A Brand New Drill!

Lil'DD is being spoiled rotten now that she is the only kid left at home. She will be 17 in a couple months... and started 11th grade last week.

When we sat down the end of last school year to pick out the classes she was going to take her junior year, she was stumped about what to take for electives... She decided to take German II, (she'd already taken 2 years of Spanish and one year of German) and I talked her into trying ROTC and if she hated it, promised she could drop it and take study hall.

By the second day of school, Lil'DD decided she's dropping German II and she absolutely loves ROTC. They made her company commander. Oh.My.God. This is my blonde child. Remember--the one who got upset because the CowForSale (or was it HorseForSale) sign was on the fence we passed driving down the road rather than on the cow or the horse or whatever it was that day?? Goodness. So now when we're cooking dinner at night she's practicing saluting and right face and left face and talking about doing pushups... "Mom!" she said. The class voted to do drill outside rather than inside, then they complain about it being so hot..."

My baby girl has got a brand new drill! I think it's hilarious. She didn't want to take the class in the first place. The oldest two are now out in the world wearing combat boots, and everyone we know has asked her over the past month if she's going to be going in the service too. She has answered up to this point with a blank stare and "I dunno..." perhaps that's going to change? We'll see I guess.

Anyway... in another month I'll get to post pictures of Mr.Blue in his snazzy new Air Force uniform... maybe by then Lil'DD will have her Army JrROTC uniform and I can post hers too!

Gotta run...

1 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

HAHAHAHAH SO I say to FAwn when needing an elective class this ne year,,,,,,,, her last in high school,,, HEY YA WANTA DO ROTC? hahhah she looked at me and said YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT!!!! so I gues taht is a NO

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home