Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tell Mr It's Friday...? (Edited)

I sure am glad that mess is over. Still don't have a single thing in the fridge but hey, I'm not crying over no milk ;)

Ms.Blue has settled in nicely so far. She's loving it. And this mom is loving the email from her throughout the day and a call or two on top of that. I guess I can handle her being so far away. They have her in a temporary dorm, it's going to be a few months before she gets her permanent one. She's getting there. Mr.SoonToBeBlue still has a while yet, thank goodness. I realized earlier today that at the rate they're going, all of my kids should be out of the house by the time I am 40. Wow. Maybe that means I can get a life or something... (yeah right. Lil'DD is going to live with us forever. I can see it coming!)

We've settled in to playing hold-em twice a week and spending weekends on the lake. I'm not complaining. In fact, when I look at my tan and think about how much the sec spent for her fakeandbake that is almost the same shade, I have to laugh. One of the ladies who plays cards w/ us regular has cancer and we think she isn't going to be around much longer. The radiation and chemo didn't work. That's going to be difficult to deal w/ when it happens. But enough of that for now.

The sec is still a royal pain. She's on one of her famous 2 hr lunches and I'll be surprised if she comes back at all today or tomorrow. I put in to leave early tomorrow, so you know how she does... we're supposed to be on the road this weekend. The hunkahunkaburninglovedude will be making lots of grey-haired screaming ole ladies happy. The new sound board is easier for me to work and I don't have to do as much constant mixing. One of these days we can retire and I can listen to some other kind of music! LOL

That's it for now... will try to post more next week. Looks like I've about wrapped things up and can breathe for a while :)

And oh... yeah yeah I know. It's only Thursday. But hey, a girl can dream, can't she?
Gotta run

EDITED 2:34pm. My apologies. She was 30 minutes late this morning AND took a 2 1/2 hour lunch. Mybad for saying she wasn't coming back... ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Glad your tan is coming along fine. An empty nest at 40! way too soon, not fair.

2:51 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

BTW, my wife is one of the screaming, but not grey haired, old ladies.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Me said...

... and lots of people are NOTING this late-in and lunch right?

... and, if this was me I would be running SCARED BY NOW to know I was being watched and would be there every friggin' second I was supposed to be.

WHO IN THE HECK DID SHE SLEEP WITH THERE TO HAVE LASTED THIS LONG?

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home