Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Gremlins Have Got Us!

Oh me oh my. What a week this is turning out to be.
Life doesn't have a rewind button it to let me go back to Friday and try it all over again, so we're rolling with the bad stuff and trying to hang in there.

Not all bad. But bad enough.

Bad storms blew through Saturday. Trees down and lines down. No electricity from mid-day Saturday until yesterday morning. Lost all of the food in the fridge & freezers again. power lines and phone lines and cable lines lying in the street. DH kept telling me over and over and over again -- it's not Katrina. This is not Katrina. No, it's not Katrina. Power is back on and the cable is too. Phone should be on by 7pm Thursday. I swear. Twice in a year having to replenish everything in the refrigerator and two freezers is getting kind of expensive. In fact, it sucks and was not in the budget at all.

THEN.

Yesterday, went to leave for work and my truck wouldn't start. We are just not a one vehicle family. DH and I work at opposite ends of town, and we have two teens at home. Enough said? And DH's truck uses 3x as much gas as mine does... driving it so much, I don't know how on earth we'll get the money to put mine in the shop but oh well. We'll find it somewhere.

AND

Work is still busy. At least when I'm at work I don't have that "I'm so stressed out I'm going to throw up" feeling I get when I think about my truck not running. Or thinking about all the things I need to buy because the fridge is empty. the freezer is empty.... the big freezer is empty too. (sigh)

Oh well. Everybody's healthy, right?
And we both are working, right?
And we do have one running vehicle. Hell, I remember when we only had one beat up old car and it quit on us and at the time only one of us was working, we survived. Surely we'll get through this too.

The good news is, I got to postpone my dentist appt today and don't have to get a filling for two more weeks! Hooray for being broke, foodless and down to one truck! :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Geez, lady. You certainly hacked someone off in the universe. ;o) Just kidding.

Sounds like a rotten time.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time - these storms keep making me nervous around here! Hang in there!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Me said...

... when it rains it pours.

But then? The sun comes out!!! Here is to hoping the sun comes out for you SOON!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lyvvie said...

Hope your luck turns for the better soon.

We've been having wind storms lately too, but so far, no damage. I keep waiting for the tree in our yard to fall over. Would be good if it did, to be honest.

*BigHug*

3:05 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Hang in there, remember that this too shall pass, after living through Katrina you should be taking this in your stride.

9:21 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OK NOW HERE COMES THE ONE YOU WILL HATE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, beautiful weather,,, sunny warm,,, blue skys,,, come on out!!! love ya hang in there go ready my snot nose post and forget it all!!!!!!

ok what is the handycap guy next to the code thing????

11:07 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Need a vacation!

I have a dentist appt tomorrow- but I cant really get out of that- the dentist is the future father in law.

1:35 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

man kim that does suck!!! i have so missed talking to you. i am off today and tomorrow so email me and i have started a new blog!! oh sorry this is val!

2:27 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

It will get better. Just have faith.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home