Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Scorecard Update!!

The sec only has one semi-important task to do each year. Make sure the firm's liability insurance is paid and get a copy of the declarations page to me so I can fax it to all the different institutions we deal with who need it for their files.

Six weeks ago, I started getting numerous faxes from people needing a copy of that dec page. The policy expires in two days. For six weeks, I've piled up the faxes on the corner of my desk, and asked the sec day after day after day if we've received the new dec page.

The insurance people called earlier and asked for me. They said not only has she not paid the premium, she has not filled out and sent in the paperwork needed so they can do a quote on the premium. SO... they re-faxed it and I handed it to her. She said "I'm not going to do it, I do every other damn thing around here..." (ROFLMAO) I took it to the one attorney who's in the office today. He's 66 and just can't get the grasp on filling in the blanks with the needed information. The sec threw a fit and has come to my desk three times now asking where that paperwork is. She doesn't want my boss to know that she didn't take care of it... (I told him yesterday it wasn't done, so he knew this was coming...) I told her nevermind. I'll get my boss to do it when he comes in in the morning. He'll blow another gasket, but I don't have access to the information or her freeking file so I can do it. I'm not. Let them cancel the policy. Or let them get off their rears and take care of it.

So now it will be a flurry of faxes and overnighting of funds to make sure we don't get on the bad boys list... Boss is gonna grumble. Mmm...hmmmm...

Edited 3:05. She finally came in and rummaged through the stuff on my desk until she found the paperwork. She faxed it back to them without writing one thing on it, then threw the papers away so my boss won't see it! HAH

Office hours are 8-5. 2 weeks vacation (well...even I stretch the vacation by a couple days now and then... so here's her official tally for the first quarter of 2006:

5-Jan Out 12:00
6-Jan OFF
10-Jan OFF
12-Jan Out 4:15
13-Jan Out 2:00
17-Jan Lunch 12-2, Out 4:30
18-Jan In 9:00 Lunch 1hr 25 min Out 3:00 - 4:00
19-Jan In 8:30 1.5 hour lunch
20-Jan in 8:20
23-Jan In 8:20 1.5 hour lunch
25-Jan In 8:30 Out 9:00-9:30
26-Jan In 8:30
27-Jan In 8:45 Out 3:00
30-Jan OFF
1-Feb In 8:35 Out 4:30
3-Feb In 8:45 out 10:45 worked 2 hours
7-Feb In 9:00
8-Feb Out 3:50
15-Feb In 8:50
20-Feb OFF
21-Feb in 8:45
22-Feb in 8:30
23-Feb OFF
24-Feb OFF
1-Mar In 8:30
2-Mar In 9:00 2 hr lunch
3-Mar In 8:30
6-Mar in 8:30
7-Mar OFF
8-Mar In 8:45 out 4:15
10-Mar out 3:15 worked 6 hours
13-Mar OFF
14-Mar OFF
15-Mar In 8:45 1 hr lunch then out 1 hour again
16-Mar in 8:30 1.5 hr lunch
20-Mar in 8:30 1.5 hr lunch
21-Mar In 8:25 2 hr lunch
23-Mar In 8:30 out 2:30 worked 6 hours
3-Apr Off 4:00
4-Apr 2 hour lunch
10-Apr in 9:00
11-Apr in 9:30 Out 3:30 worked 6 hours
12-Apr in 8:30

Can you believe this old broad even has a job????

8 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

So she has taken 9 days off already? gawd. well if you only get 10 for the 2 weeks- when she takes the 10th day, let the bosses know that she is now out of days. not to mention all the times she came in late and left early

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

That'll be funny when the policy cancels for non-payment. This coming from an insurance agent's point of view.

And no, I cannot believe that woman is still employed. My ass would've been fired long ago.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You two have been comiserating with me about this forever now... LOL

3:32 PM  
Blogger MsPenni said...

As long as the bosses let her do this, things will never change. Maybe this time she has had enough rope.
Have you given your boss the list?
It's so hard to get good workers when the bosses are afraid to lose even a bad worker.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I can not believe that woman gets away with all of that or that you have to put up with it! What a pain in the butt, but good for you for making her responsible. I can't wait until the day you can walk out of there and that whole place falls apart!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Lyvvie said...

I can't believe she has a job. I'm stunned. I'm also thinking what super-softies those bosses of yours must be to let it continue for so long. I'm also wondering if I can get a job there?

How long are going to keep the tally sheet going - and does her boss know that you're keeping a tally?

2:05 AM  
Blogger Me said...

You're making me sooooooooo mad when I read this!

GET THOSE OLD MEN SOME BALLS so they can step up to the plate and fire her!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Your Mother said...

Is her name Susan because I used to have a secretary that was the same way.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home