Thursday, March 30, 2006

Full Circle...

I was driving to work this morning, listening to a Metallica CD a lot louder than I probably should have had it turned up to... the Unforgiven started playing... it took me back to the first time I had ever heard the Master of Puppets CD... I remember everyone who was there, and how I just LOVED the music... I had just turned 18 and life was wonderful... It kind of hit me then that the moment I was remembering was twenty years ago. Could it be twenty years? Surely not... then I started thinking about how ten years ago the kids and I were listening to the Unforgiven 2... back then I was a single mom and after cub scouts and girl scouts and homework was done for the day and the kids were in bed, I had time to pick up my guitar and sit down with the sheet music for all sorts of songs... twenty years? Now DS (Mr.SoonToBeBlue) is always playing his guitar. He asks me now and then about a particular riff or a note that he just can't figure out... I should make more time to sit down with him and play... He's only been playing three months (but plays another instrument and can read music) but is getting really good already... the other day I heard him playing part of the Unforgiven... He's going to be 18 in a few months... I keep telling him to learn to play classical music because if he does that, he'll be able to play anything. I've been playing for 30 years and it wasn't until I took some classical guitar at the college fifteen years or so ago that I started being able to play just about anything... Anyway... I'm not sure if I'm getting older or if my kids are just growing up to where I used to be...

So I won tickets a few weeks ago from the radio station to go see Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard... Not sure yet if we're going but it might be interesting... the last concert I went to was the Moody Blues and hmmm.... that was almost 20 years ago... gosh, maybe I AM getting old?

Not complaing, merely reflecting :) Have a great day!

8 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Time flies.

I wish I had more to do the things that poke at me too.


Take Care
Michael

8:26 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

I've heard that Merle puts on a great show. And what an honor to see him!! I'm totally jealous. :o)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

You should go and have a good time - it's always good to take a step back and relax and do something different! :) Hope you have a great weekend whatever you decide to do. :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

I'm not much of a Metalica fan, something about all the middle school kids with attitude that gave me trouble when I first started teaching all wearing their black t-shirts, but the Moody Blues -- now that's my kind of music. They've never come here so I'm really jealous you got to hear them live.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I'd go to see Merle, but I'd take a bathroom break or something during Bob. :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Time does fly and then before you know it your kids are doing the same stuff you were doing. Enjoy them now.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lyvvie said...

Now I feel old...We shouldn't be able to say "twenty years ago" yet. We're too young!

Have a nice weekend!!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

Gosh...twenty years...you've got me to thinking. I say.....GO! Have a good time! I think it's time to live life to the fullest so twenty years from now, we can say the last twenty years were the BEST!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home