Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More On (moron?) Wed - Part 2

I woke up this morning feeling like I needed to post something all patriotic and shit but that's not happening. In a pensive, thoughtful mood today. Reflecting and stuff.

I talked to my baby brother yesterday. Yes, even I have a baby brother. I have three brothers, in fact. But today the youngest is on my mind. He's ten years older than Ms.Blue and is an arson investigator out west. Our camera phones have been working overtime the past few weeks, between Ms.Blue's graduation and brother's new baby and new puppy and stuff. Makes it seem like we're not so far apart when we can just click and send a picture right that very second...

My cousin is also on my mind the past few days. She's a Ms.Blue, too, a couple of years older than my Ms.Blue. CousinBlue is married to CousinBlue'sHusbandBlue (he's blue too!), they both work in the same job in the same squadron on the same base out west. ...CousinBlue'sHusbandBlue is getting ready to deploy to the sandbox in a few days and CousinBlue, who is newly married, is preparing to spend the summer alone.

This MomOfBlue stuff is kind of hard to grasp. There's pride there. And some comfort too. But there's also a lot of worry. I've found a great deal of help emotionally from a group of moms in the same boat. Do you know what it's like to have your daughter tell you she's going off to a war zone before the end of the year?? This morning I got an email from another Mom whose daughter will be going "over there" around the same time as my own. Sometimes it's nice to have someone else who KNOWS the things and feelings that just can't be written or talked about. Who understands better than one of those Moms that you need a hug when your daughter says, ..."If I don't come back I want my funeral to be..." ...things need to be talked about, but that doesn't make them any easier. It just doesn't. I'm really glad I found them. I think we're good for each other LOL.

Then there's Mr.SoonToBeBlue. He's working furiously trying to get that appointment to the academy. Either way he's going to be blue, but he really wants to make sure his sister has to salute him. Ah, sibling rivalry.

I'm thinking about some other stuff too that's not quite so deep. I posted a year ago that I was about to take over as the local CEO of a particular organization that I volunteer with. My year will be over in just a few weeks. It's been a very good, positive year and I've grown because of it. When the time came for me to say I'd stay a second year, I declined, instead taking a position at a higher level statewide rather than locally for a 2 year term. I'm at peace about the change and hope it will continue to be a good thing...

The government job I applied for closes in a few days. It wont' be long and I'll know if I'm going to get an interview. There's some deep, disturbing thoughts about that too.

So... that's all you get for now. Some rambling about the thoughts flittering around in my brain. Boss is out until Monday. Gonna go see what kind of trouble I can get in to. Have a nice day!

4 Comments:

Blogger chimx2 said...

What ...they already told your daughter she will be getting deployed to the sandbox? Wait .. I am about to panic right about now. G never told me anything yet. If that is the case I cant believe they tell them before they graduate. I am so ready to cry!!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yes Linda. I'm sending you an email...

12:59 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Blue kind of runs in the family for you. Know that I'm always ready to give a big cyber hug when things get overwhelming, and with all the others on your site that's a lot of hugs.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Nobody said...

Will this goverment job get me a good job?...Just curious, you know..

Anyways, I hope it works out. Yes for your sake too.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home