Friday, May 05, 2006

Pretty In Pink (Lawgirl & The Pink Boots Part 3)

We're getting bookings a year and more in advance. Guess we're doing something right to be that much in demand...
Some friends of ours are meeting us at the gig tonight. G called me a couple of weeks ago and said..."You know this thing has a 50s theme and they are telling everybody to dress up..." Of course my answer was..."You've got to be kidding me. I don't have 50s stuff to wear!" She went on to say she's just wearing jeans and a leather jacket which I said ok I have jeans and a leather jacket, I can go there...
But of course this is 2006 in the South. My daughters talked me into trying on a pair of low rise flare leg jeans a couple of years ago, and now that is all I wear just as it's all my daughters wear for jeans. Just wouldn't work. Then add to that that it's in the 90s and 100% humidity with rain. No way am I going to even LOOK AT much less wear a leather jacket. So I started scrambling.
I asked around about who we know who might have a dreaded poodle skirt. (Shudder!) I missed the 50s. I missed most of the 60s. I'd be happy to go to something that required me to spike my hair and dye the ends of it blue. But NO. This one is going to require something positively ancient.
Of course somebody I know owns a poodle skirt. She told me I could borrow it which I graciously accepted, without even asking what colors it was. Shame on me!
I already had the cute white top and white bobby socks, so I ran to wal-mart the other day and picked up a black scarf for my neck and a white scarf for my hair, knowing that those two colors would most likely match anything and a pair of plain white old-fashioned tennies. No problem. Then last night she brought me the skirt I'm borrowing. Black poodle--great match. White accents - great match. But the skirt, I'll be darned if it isn't a hot PINK. UGGH. Outside of my pink boots, which I totally adore, I do not own one single thing pink! ACCK. So tonight I'll be the idiot onstage next to the dude dressed up like a dead guy... wearing pink.
Now let's just hope I remember to stop by the liquor store on the way home today because I have the feeling I'm going to need some courage just to take the ugly thing off the hangar.
Have a good weekend!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Will we get pictures?

;=)

Take Care
Michael

9:04 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

I'm sure you'll look darling.

9:45 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OK I STOPPED READING AT THIS,,,,,,,,

positively ancient. I do not think so lady!!!!! have a great week end will ya!! I'll go back and finish reading now

11:07 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I'm not a big pink person either but every now and then it can be fun! :) I'm sure you'll look great even though you may feel silly. Have a great weekend!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

Pink is purdy, you silly girl! You'll be the Belle of the Ball! Have fun!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... actually hot pink/black and white is perfect together. All of it.

My daughter just got her finale recital costume yesterday and sure enough - hot pink capri's with little black bows, white shirt with a poodle on the back, black belt and hot pink ribbon for her hair! :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Dont forget to pull that hair into a ponytail so you can be bop the night away. Take some pictures ..will ya.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home