Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Southern CA Fires...

My brother just txt'ed me and said they're getting ready to evacuate... they're ok for now but the canyon is filled with smoke and they're waiting on the authorities to tell them to go... no word from my uncle or cousins down there. ...I saw on the Today show this morning some of my old stomping grounds is gone... the town my grandparents lived in when I was a kid was hit pretty hard... so was the town my dad lived in when he was little. It's crazy... I don't remember fires this bad out there during my lifetime. I'm really glad for now my mom and sister are in areas that are safe... so far, my brother who is a firefighter/arson investigator has been kept in his own district and isn't in any danger...

And on a lighter note, I got a fabulous haircut today and am making some progress in the packing up and throwing junk out department... Have a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Thoughts and prayers for your family and all others caught up in this disaster. NM is sending 40 fire fighters and equipment today to help out. I know that's not much compared to the magnitude of the problem, but if other state help out too it just might save some homes.

1:13 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

you and your family our in my thoughts and prayers.

i so need a new haircut so badly, put up pictures so i can see.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home