Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Daughter Wears Combat Boots...

She brought them home, to show them to me again... I'm so proud of those boots :) I'm enjoying having her home so much that I'm starting to think that I'm going to fall apart all over again when she flies back to her base in a few days...

Mr.SoonToBeBlue won't get his for a few more months, but the way time is flying this year, it won't be long now. He's been asking to get a job, now that he's 18 and all. I really didn't want anything to distract him from his grades, he's in the top 1% of his class... and Ms.Blue didn't have to get a job before she flew off into the wild blue yonder... but it happened. He got a job yesterday and started training yesterday... making over 10 bucks an hour part time. Wow. It's easy work and good money. But I feel conflicted. Not to mention the fact that he is serving detention today and tomorrow because he got busted at school for having his shirt tail untucked. (sigh)

And the baby. Well... the baby starts driving in about 5 more weeks. Gosh I guess I'm just getting old...

I'm not though... Really I'm not.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

He got detention for having his shirt untucked? WOW. That's crazy, yo.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and enjoy those kids! :o)

4:03 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Oh, to teach at a school where that's the worst problem we face.
Enjoy what time you have with all the rug rats at home. Just think in a few more years they'll all be out of the house and you and hubby can enjoy being alone again.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

My mom was a mess when I left for college, but my parents traveled and had more time to focus on each other then they had in YEARS. Actually my mom lost 60 pounds when I left- bc she could finally concentrate on herself instead of being with us at all of our activities all the time.

8:45 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

TEEN JOB,,, I thought the same thing, untill Fawn got a job. HOLLY cow did the "responsability" thing grow. She shocked me big time. AND NOW she is bugging about getting her permit,(17 &1/2) sucks with out it I guess. Good to see your writing. I miss ya. road trip is now bumped to March.

9:14 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

KIM WHERE ARE YOU?????

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home