Monday, October 30, 2006

Weenie Story #752.5

It might all work out for the best... kindasorta I hope.

The atty I was supposed to meet w/ Friday p.m. called me back and put it off until today because the other parner who was supposed to sit in on the interview was called into court. Which was really great because Friday I was dressed too casual to go to an interview... but then I had all weekend to think about it. SO...

I took the advice of the attys here in our office and confronted my boss when he walked in the door this morning. Let him know exactly what was going on and that since he ignored my request for a raise FOUR FREEKING MONTHS AGO I've looked elsewhere and am going to be making some changes. Yes, I hate to admit that my boss is so clueless that everyone else in the office, along with most of the whole town knows how dissilusioned I've been and that I was looking (add to that all of you across the country who know LOL)...supposedly they are going to match the salary of the other job to keep me here. Part of me is not believing this, but at the same time, gosh. I've been here almost 5 years and can play on the internet and have great vacation time... and the only thing I hate about my job here (beside the sec of course) is not getting a raise for FOUR FREEKING YEARS...

I feel like a weenie for giving in.
I have had an upset stomach and been a mess since Thursday thinking about the possbility of going through the shit associated with starting a new job. Losing all my vacation time. Factor in losing all of my internet time and being able to blog... It has been a rough few days. I'm still not positive I'm making the right decision... BUT...

If it means not having to give up my vacation time AND getting to still visit with y'all... I'm staying. I feel like a weenie also because in my boss' usual stupid style, he got me out of the room before committing to a dollar amount.

Jeez I hope I'm doing the right thing...

Gotta run...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Get it in writing, right this second! Give him a deadline to give you the new raise or youre out the door.

10:13 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Keep your meeting, what about benefits? And yes get the raise specified in writing before backing off the job search.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Tell him, SHOW ME THE MONEY. You deserve each and every penny he gives you in that raise. Just keep on him.

2:25 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Just make sure you see the money before you stick there,,, good luck.

3:23 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

i so agree with everyone else. you make sure you are getting the money. you are not a weenie, who wouldn't stay if they are gonna match your salary and you get have vacation time and blog. that is a win win situation.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home