Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Traffic Report!

Ms.Blue is turning 19 in a matter of days.
She left me a voice message yesterday that went something like this:

"Moooooo. Mooooooo."
"Moooooo. Mooooooo."

I didn't know the AF turned children into Cows!

Mr.SoonToBeBlue is turning 18 shortly thereafter.
He decided last night that he was old enough to say TheF-Word in front of his parents. TWICE. Eight seconds apart. ...About a heartbeat later he discovered exactly how wrong that decision was.

The youngest doodlebug is having a birthday right around that same time too. She's apparently inherited her mother's countdown gene because the last several weeks conversations have been something like this.

LilDD "62 days until I turn 16"
LilDD "58 days until I turn 16"
LilDD "37 more days!"
LilDD "29 days!"
LilDD "28 days!"
LilDD "27 days!"
ME: "Did you ask permission to turn 16? You know, it isn't going to happen without my permission. I brought you into this world and I certainly can keep you from turning 16."
LilDD "26 days!"
ME: "hmmm... you get that permission yet? I don't think it's going to happen."

nothing
nothing

and then yesterday...
LilDD "...Mom? May I have permission to turn 16?"
ME: "I don't think so. Ask me again later" (should have been more specific)
LilDD "Mom may I have permission to turn 16?"
ME: "NO. Ask me another day."

I swear... If I really do survive having three teens at the same time, it's going to be a miracle!

7 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

uuummmmmmmmmmm your on the back end of it I am here in the middle 17 15 and 14 and ALL GIRLS!!!!! now go wipe your tears and think abotu that one.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I have no idea what the moooo message is about... but I laughed at the f-word. I am pretty sure mine know I will still expect no swearing around me until they are oh.... 75. :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Glad I spaced mine six years apart. Three at once like that, you should be getting combat pay.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I was 15 the first time I dropped the F-bomb in from of my mom, but I was really upset at the time (not with her, I was venting) crying and hyperventilating and it just slipped. I was horrifed and immediately apologized. She laughed and said she understood, but it wasnt ok under normal circumstances.

Now I can say pretty much anything in front of her and shes ok with it. I am almost a married woman after all, and we are cool like that. And there isnt anything I can say thats worse then some of the things my brother has decided to share with her. That boy is missing a censor

5:50 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

I was 18 (and living out of the house AND married) before I said the f-word in front of my family. Heck, I was all those things before I said damn! LOL It's so freeing to cuss in front of them now.

3:20 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

where are you

12:56 AM  
Blogger Art_Fulldodger said...

If you survive three teens, let me know how you did it ok. I have two and I'm about to go postal. Boys 17 and 15.

My 15 year old said the F word last year. He was in a hockey game and had just been slashed on the wrist. He Skated to the bench and sat down, tossed his gloves to the floor and was bent over at the waist. I then asked THE stupid question of the year. "Are you OK?". His reply "Fuck No! it hurts like hell!". One trip to the ER that night and Xrays revealed it was broken!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home