Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday... Monday...

I'm sure all of you who keep an eye on the news heard about the firefighters out in that west-coast state where I came from that died a little over a week ago trying to fight a wildfire. ...I woke up to hear that on the news, and as always, my heart stopped until it was late enough there to get ahold of my brother and make sure that it wasn't him and to find out if he was out working at those fires... fortunately, he didn't get called out on those, but it still hit close to home. His good friend who worked at the same fire station as my brother was one of the men killed. One of the other men who died was our Aunt's brother, only related through marrige, but still. My hearts are with both of these men's families this past week...

Knew you'd want to know.

3 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Our prayers and sympathies go with you and your family.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Fireman are very brave men. The courage to go into burning infernos to rescue.......

They are definately in my heart.

8:38 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

That is very sad Kim I am sorry.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home