Monday, July 24, 2006

Short Skirts, Part II

I walked around a corner in the office this morning and didn't expect to see anyone standing outside the window. I jumped and spilled a little of my coffee on the floor. I set my coffee down and went to grab some paper towells to wipe up the spill. Now, no matter how graceful you are, when you are squatting down in a thigh-length skirt you have to be careful. I was being careful. But I'll be darned if she didn't walk over to the stairs hiking her skirt up in the process and sat down on the bottom step at eye level with me. I'm not liking this at all and did not look up from my spill wiping until after I was standing up and heading out of the room. She's a strange one, this girl.

Her update for last week was pretty painless. She at least waited two full weeks of work before borrowing $1,300.00 from the firm. (sigh) Can't wait to see what her next escapade is going to be.

We were gone again all weekend. Out on the water free as a bird. I'm starting to fret from the stress though. Just a few more days and we'll be going to visit MIL in Mel and Mo's great state. I hate the trip and I hate having to go. But it will make for great stories. Last time we went we got to visit with the cow and then eat her for dinner. What fun. The cousins drunk friend hit on me and DH was going to bust his head. Yes, what fun it will be.

Gotta run. The sec is out running errands (same ole shit!)... and the phone is ringing off the hook!

Hit the nail on the head with this one, thanks Mo!
You Are Likely a First Born

At your darkest moments, you feel guilty.
At work and school, you do best when you're researching.
When you love someone, you tend to agree with them often.

In friendship, you are considerate and compromising.
Your ideal careers are: business, research, counseling, promotion, and speaking.
You will leave your mark on the world with discoveries, new information, and teaching people to dream.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

I'm tellin' ya, you're gonna have a sexual harrassment suit on your hands! LOL

And dangit, you really need to stop in the big D and see me!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

No way Mo! Don't even stop there for Gas. One side or the other but never there. I think Hubby has an ex living there he's terrified of running into or something LOL

4:56 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

If your traveling that way on the first weekend of the month, take some time to shop in Canton Tx about sixty miles east of Big D. It's called First Monday and we were there over the 4th. It's alot of fun, and hubby won't run into an unfriendly. Have a safe trip.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Sad that you won't be stopping by - I'm closer to Fort Worth does that count! Of course, we will be heading south for a week of vacation just about the time you'll be heading this way. :) As for the new sec, be afraid - be very afraid!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Tell you what, you can come straight to my house and we'll hide you! LOL

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home