Thursday, July 06, 2006

Crud.

OH
My
GOSH.


Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it! :(

Let's just say we're not off to a real spiffy start.
There's going to be stories. FOR SURE.
Like - she's already called me 'Sista' seven times today so far (Blech!)
Like - she's already made three trips to the office supply store to buy things she just HAS to have. (One of which was the chair to replace the one the sec pee'd in!)
Like - she's as headstrong as I am and already stepping on my toes.
Like - I told her today that no, she can't get a debit card for the firm's account because she has not been put on the account and I'M not calling to get her one until one of the bosses is here and I can run it by them for approval.
Like - We're having some problem with her understanding what is my job and what is HER job. She's not taking my freeking work away from me and I've made that very clear. I'm happy as peach pie that she wants to go to big girl paralegal school and learn the ropes but keep her happy little bubbly hands off of my files and stop color coding my shit. I already have my own colors thank you and don't need hers!
Like - she's working 20 hours this week, training, and told me this morning she'd like me to write her check for the full 40 hours week!

I'm sure you can see that we have lots of possibilities for new sec stories here. I'm trying to be patient and nice but very firm when she crosses the line with me.

GOODNESS!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Aw yea! It's on bitches! LOL This is going to be a hoot.

3:52 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

I feel a cat fight comin' on.

5:37 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Train her right now and nip it in the bud.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I knew it was just too good to be true. Stand your ground and set the rules early, so maybe she'll take a hike if she doesn't like it! :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I told you it was the old sec's sister.


Take Care
Michael

10:22 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Oooo this is going to be good! :)

8:06 AM  
Blogger grandma1 said...

What is it about your office that attracts these people. Are you the ony normal person there?

8:46 AM  
Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

I'm dealing with something similar at work right now. An admin assistant who doesn't get it taht she's an admin assistant and not the boss of me. I think I've been too friendly with her, which is what has made her think she can be uppity and pushy with me. I drew a line in the kitty litter yesterday, though.

Stay tough, chica.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Now that is funny.... do they get special "sec coffee" down there.. ? Sounds like you have just bought yourself another winner. This should make for very exciting tales...it's quite the freakshow.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Nobody said...

Tell her there are people ready to kill for an ac job...and that you know a few of them..ME, for example.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home