Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Good Cry...

Gosh it's hard being a mom sometimes, do you know that?
It's just been one of those days, I guess...
The youngest two called me at work this morning. They were arguing, which is rare. Lil'DD and Mr.SoonToBeBlue had a job to do and she decided she was going to make him do it all and she'd just do what she thought she wanted to do. Mr.SoonToBeBlue isn't bossy like Ms.Blue, so he thought they should call mom to straighten things out... Lil'DD has a pretty scarey case of PMS I do believe because the way she backtalked me on the phone has never happened before. She has since apologized buy boy am I going to let her have an earfull when I get home tonight! Then right after that, within the same hour, I discovered that Ms.Blue had used up all of the minutes on our cell plan, and we have a week left until the new minutes roll over. She also had five hundred some-odd txt messages, which cost her ten cents each. We've asked her and asked her to be responsible, because even though she pays her bill for her phone, it's still a family plan and I'll be damned if I'm not going to have minutes when I want to call my mom or check up on SIL so far away going through chemo... or whatever. SO... we finally did it. Ms.Blue's been telling me for a few weeks that when she gets her hefty reimbursement check in 2 weeks she's going to get her own phone. I'm not waiting 2 more weeks. It was a done deal this morning. I shut her phone off... Ms.Blue had some problems w/ her pay statement for 3 checks in a row and is supposed to get reimbursed a large chunk of money on the 15th. I've offered and offered to put some cash in her account if she needs it. It's not her mistake, it's theirs. Five minutes after discovering we were out of minutes, the bank called to let me know her account was in overdraft... (sigh). It was one of those mornings where I wasn't sure if I was going to have a stomachache or a headache, for sure. I shut the phone off. She can get her own phone and I'm not helping her in that department any more. Just can't do it. Can not. Can't. Won't. It's over. Well, it will be over when she sends me the check for her part of the bill, quite a large sum in fact this time. She can get her own damn phone when she can afford to do so. As for the overdraft (and wait, let me back up a minute! I emailed her and told her we were shutting off her phone. The lovely young lady did not catch an attitude with me and in fact did not get mad. atta girl!)...ok. So she emailed me back when I asked her about her account and she had made an addition mistake of a dollar! She discovered it on Saturday and hadn't used her card since Friday and would not use it again until she gets paid in a few days... hmmm. I haven't run to the bank yet but am thinking about it. Maybe. Maybe not. Not sure I have the energy for any more lessons today. My kids are usually so good. too good in fact. I hate drama.
It is so hard being away from your young adult kids and letting them grow up and make their own mistakes. Hell -- I'm still growing up and trying to figure things out!

7 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

YEAH FOR YOU on the phone.
and DO NOT run to the bank to fix it.

SHE WILL DO IT.



Be strong mama, be strong!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

So she was supposed to still have a dollar in her account?

Could be worse, Jays cousin at 18 joined the Army and she told the family that they told her she probably wouldnt go overseas bc she an only child. Now she probably will miss our wedding (Ive never met her) bc she will be in Iraq. She also decided she was grown up enough to get married. That lasted all of like 2 months- he went back to Kentucky to finish his contract with the fire dept and just never went back to LA to be with her. and I hear they are getting a divorce, but shes stalling bc shes living in married housing by herself and doesnt want to have to move back to the barracks.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I do think life is harder on kids these days. I would probably help. I am an old softy.

Take Care
Michael

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

It's hard!! The Amazon is working at a restarant in town and they're not training her at all. Do you know how bad I want to take my former waitress hiney up there, throw the door open and holler, "Lemme show ya'll how the hell this is done!!!"

But I don't. I smile and nod when she tells me how she didn't get a tip because she didn't know how to get a cork out of a wine bottle and had to wait for the cook to do it.

7:15 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

just learn from us, do not do it

4:23 AM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

oh you poor thing. it does suck sometimes being a mother!! hang in there. email me when you can!

9:15 AM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Hold strong Kim .. I know what I am talking about. They tear your heart out and you end up trying to fix things. Let her figure it out. They will if you let them.
Linda

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home