Thursday, July 13, 2006

Almost Friday!

Sorry for not being around and commenting. Been busy. I don't feel right complaining about the sec if I'm not pulling my own weight.

So. Anyway.
Ms.Blue had her wisdom teeth taken out this week. It seems the airforce has a chop shop where they line the kids up and yank, snip, sew and send them home with a bottle of drugs and a few days off from work. Pretty nice setup. The sgt. called to let me know he'd driven her home and picked up her rx. and she was fine and dandy. It broke my heart not to be there for her. Really it did. Right up until the day before when she told me, "Mom, I'll be fine. I have people from work who are going to call and check up on me." Ok fine. You don't need me anymore you big tough-assed grown-up lady of blue.

HAH. Mom always wins. The night before she got them taken out we got two, yes TWO frantic phone calls. We'll see who doesn't need their mommy any more the next time she takes that snotty, know it all voice with me, now won't we. So the first call was something like... "Mom! The screw fell out of my glasses and they don't have the screw kits at the BX and the eye doctor here on base is closed!!. Where on earth can I get an eyeglass repair kit in wal-mart so I can fix it. I'm going to be stuck in quarters for four days with nothing to do but watch movies and I've got to fix them!" ...well duh. Val-mart. Vision Center. Where you got your glasses? Walk in there and ask them to put a screw in for you, and then ask them to direct you to the part of the store the buy the one to take home, silly. She called back, problem solved. THEN. An hour later. Frantic call. I GOT STUNG BY A BEE OR A WASP OR SOMETHING! WHAT DO I DO. WHAT DO I DO? (Yes, this child is trained and defending our country. Do you yet understand why oh why I worry about her like I do? (sigh)). So DH told her to find someone who smokes and ask them for a cigarette. She knew what to do with the tobacco once she had it, she remembered as soon as he told her that. She called back again, after she had run over to the smoke pit and had to explain to the city kids that wet tobacco draws out the fire from the sting then they let her have one and she made it feel better. She couldn't take a benedryl because she had to fast for her teeth surgery. Oh goodness. Will I ever be glad when she is allowed to take her first leave! (I know when she's put in for but not posting it yet because there's still a chance it won't happen because of things in the sandbox... but I'm counting down, fur sure.)

That's it for now.
Off to play in a hold-em tourney this weekend. Wish me luck! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

I think deep down we always need our mommies. lol

Have fun!

5:25 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

good luck girly!!!!!! sounds liek you still get to be mom huh!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Kids will always be kids. Good luck this weekend.

9:23 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Oh yeah...they don't need us until THEY need us!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Lyvvie said...

Aw, bless. I didn't know that about the tobacco - thanks for that!! give me an excuse to have some around the house...MMmmmmmmm.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home