Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Memorial Day...

You know this past Saturday was Armed Forces day. I wrote to CousinBlue on Friday and thanked her for her service. I forgot to think Ms.Blue, my own daughter though. And I heard a song that just about made me lose it Saturday afternoon. Thinking about Ms.Blue and her service. Thinking about my friends sons and daughters who are in the military. It seems like just a couple of weeks ago we were worrying about their grades and their prom dresses/tuxes. And now we're worrying about them here, there, and everywhere fighting for our country. That puts a whole lot on a mom. Especially one who's trying to support another one, Mr.SoonToBeBlue who's next to go. How the hell do I send him off to do his thing and grow up when I want to lock him in his room and scream no no no no no you can't go?! How do you be proud and scared and supportive and terrified all in the same instant. Hmmm...

So. This weekend is Memorial Day. I think I'm going to drink a whole lot and pretend like I don't care. Think it'll work?

8 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

It's tough being a parent isn't it. Today was last day. I'm free for the summer. Hope your kids have a safe and fun summer too.

9:05 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

oh kim i wish i had something to say to make it all better. it really sucks sometimes being a parent. hang in there and i will be praying for your kids and you.

yes i am off tomorrow email me!!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

can i come join you?????

10:16 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

It's worth a try. Maybe I'll give it a shot too.

Take Care
Michael

11:32 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

I don't know if it'll work but it's always worth a try! :o)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Mahala said...

*hugs*

11:37 AM  
Blogger Art_Fulldodger said...

I can somewhat relate. My son is 17 and thinking about enlisting. Scares the shit outta me big time.

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to stop drinking!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I'm so proud of you and your daughter and son - I think it is amazing and you all are very strong and wonderful people (even though we've never met!). Hang in there and enjoy the long weekend! :)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home