Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Green, Eggs & Pigs.

Uggh. That was a bad title. Tried to spin off the old Dr.Seuss Green Eggs and Ham thing, but it really was a green, eggs and pigs weekend LOL.

It was beautiful camping out at the lake, even though the water is already getting pretty green. There were no wind advisories so we were out on the water every day for hours & hours. There is only one tiny strip of beach on the whole lake. By tiny I mean about 10 feet long. Friday we discovered one alligator egg in the water right off that area. Yesterday, the entire beach was covered with the eggs! I know I was a little leary about putting my feet in the water right there, because they couldn't have hatched and swam too terribly far, now could they? Hmmm... As for the pig part, well... both the sheriff's dept and fish & game had boats on the water most of the weekend. The first for safety and the second, well, those dudes were just out harassing everybody. I wasn't drinking, so I wasn't worried but gosh they stopped just about everyone. You'd think with them there, it would be safe, right? But these two little boys, about 12 years old broke down and nobody stopped to help them. I watched them for about 10 minutes, swimming pushing jet skis. Poor little guys were so exhausted they could hardly tie the tow ropes to their skis or tell us where to tow them back to. It really made me mad that the fish & game boys were harassing people when they could have taken five minutes to help these little kids. But oh well.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday too! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Mine was very lazy carting kids around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good morning I am trying to find lost "Important" papers to get my kid to her appointment. Have a great short week.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

No green eggs or pigs for me but a nice time just the same.


Take Care
Michael

11:19 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

went to the mountains- hung around the lake good times.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Oooo... time to write a letter to complain! :)

I always get a little pissy when I see people broke down on the side of the road and the cops drive right by. Grrrr.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home