Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Rabbits Rabbits! *Sniffle...Groan*

Don't forget to say Rabbits Rabbits first on the first of the month for good luck...

I am such a total baby this week. I mean this icky feeling is just whooping my butt. When you work here, you not only have the normal days when you dread coming to work, you dread getting sick too because there's really no being sick about it. On Monday, every time I'd close my eyes the phone would ring. "What can we do about this" or "You're going to have to be here to do that"... So I felt bad to begin with and I felt worse knowing I was going to have to get up and go in yesterday whether or not I felt all right. So I pulled myself together yesterday, threw on a pair of jeans and a snuggly jacket and went to work, figuring the "you're going to have to be here for that, I'm counting on you..." thing would take about 30 minutes SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ABOUT 30 MINUTES and I'd be back home snuggling under my blankie. I was here for five hours. Five hours putting together a 2 million dollar deal that nobody in the office could do the paperwork on. Now, these idiots, and I use that term rarely and not so loosely... these idiots are degreed money making machines, and had to pull me out of bed for five hours to put it together. I cussed at them. I yelled at them. And embarassangly enough, as bad as I felt, I cried at them. Then when the sec took a lunch, while I was here working my tail off SICK, I quit. I was angry. Sick and angry. And they still wouldn't let me leave. I breathed on them. I sneezed on them. And oh I hope they all come down w/ it at the same time because I'm going to absolutely... nah. It's that bad. I wish I was home in bed again today but I really don't want to go through another day like Monday or yesterday. I think it will be easier just to put my head down on my desk and deal with it rather than try and rest and get upset all over again.

SO... On my way to work this morning, I was thinking about the day the sec ran into my car in the parking lot. I don't think I've told y'all about that one. It was about three years ago. A warm, spring day kinda like this one has started out to be. She goes into this freaky flighty panicky mode same time every year, gets her hair cut off to about an inch long and rushes her boobless toothpick self to the tanning salon daily to get dark as a darkie... which for a white woman in the south isn't that great of a thing to do. SO ANYWAY... one day she was freaking off wanting to be out in the warm weather (remember last year she would go home at lunch just to sit out in the sun and never come back to work?) well she was rushing out the door all wild and stuff and jumped into her car and plowed right into the door of MY car. That was back when I had a car and not a truck... she's such a basket case, I swear.

Ok. I think I'm done being angry and fussy and stuff. You wouldn't believe this stack of stuff on my desk that has piled up over the past couple of weeks. Better get at it...

5 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

My comiserations. Soon this will pass and you'll be grateful for all the work you're getting done now and won't have to do then. If that helps any at all.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

A...choo! Umm..thanks Tig. I think.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Nobody said...

DAMMIT DAMMIT..I keep forgetting to say the rabbit thing....

Perhaps you should email me on the last day of the month...or I'll post a message over my bed or something.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Jolie said...

Why is it that employers crap on their best employees?? And, why is it that we take that crap?? Girl, where are you? I'm going to find you another job. I definitely know of an opening in Lafayette. A place where you will be respected and appreciated. (I'm serious...) There has got to be something better out there for you. I agree with Sara on the last post's comments. Sneeze on the damn secretary! Hell, go to her phone and breath on it for about 5 minutes. Hell, do 'em all!

12:09 PM  
Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

I'd be coughing all over the phones, the doorknobs, their keyboards, pens and pencils, every item on the secretary's desk. Hope you are feeling better.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home