Thursday, February 23, 2006

And On The Home Front... (HereWeGoAgain!)

Hmmm... I am not sure that I'm ready for this all over again. But it's here and it's happening (sigh).

It started two years ago when I drove Ms.Blue to have her senior pictures taken. I cried. The tears continued on through her entire senior year, graduation, being sworn into the blue, getting her driver's license, leaving home, up to present day tears over her finances. And somehow while this was going on I lost sight of the fact that it is going to happen again. ALL over again. Only this time, before we even get those senior portraits ordered...

Hooray for an on the ball recruiter. The wonderful lady who helped us get Ms.Blue signed, sealed and delivered. She called five minutes ago and said they were just told they are to start senior processing a month early this year. She's ready to sink her blue painted talons into my son...WHICH MEANS... That rather than still having five or six weeks with my baby boy, I have until Saturday when we have to meet with her to begin DS's paperwork. SATURDAY. That way he will become Mr.SoonToBeBlue and get his first choice of jobs, unlike Ms.Blue who is just stuck and will have to try to train into a different field if she doesn't like where they put her. OhMeOhMy oh crap.

I'm gonna see if I can go find a hole to hide in. I'm not ready to do this all over again and it's all he has talked about since we got back from Ms.Blue's graduation. (sigh).

Did I say here we go again??

6 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Here just cause I had to say I love the name of your blog!:)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Jolie said...

Girl, I don't know what I could say to even begin to help. Was your husband in the military? I'm just wondering what prompted, not one but two of your kids to join so quickly after high school. Are you guys a military family? I'm sending strength vibes through the internet to you for you to hang on to.

6:05 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Man girl .. I am barely managing with just one kid in the military and you are going to have two? My heart goes out to you. I am here if you need to talk. Love you Kim. Linda

6:08 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

No breathing room at all for you!

It will be fine. Like jumping into the cold water instead of slowly lowering yourself in bit by bit.

Take Care
Michael

8:21 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I read your blog and I see my life in just a couple short years... It makes me want to cry. I'm not ready for them to be grown ups!!!!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Mike - woah is right!
Janet - thanks a bunch! :)
Jollie - nope. Neither DH or I or our parents were military.
Linda - how is G doing at tech school?
Michael, it makes it much easier to breathe when I think of it that way, thank you!
Meritt - it goes by wayyy too fast!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home