Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Famous Last Words...

Finally.
I'm 38 today. That will be dealt with at some point later on when I don't have so much on my mind. Not quite sure yet if it bothers me or not. :D ...Ms.SoonToBeBlue called last night. She made it. She is no longer Ms.STBB. My trainee has become an Airman! So... I've decided to reserve the right to come up with whatever sassy new name I'm going to call her until after I spend some time with her. I'll let you know when I get back. Definitely. I absolutely cannot wait to see her, hug her, and mother her. I could hear in her voice last night that she's about ready for it too. I am so darn proud. Which reminds me, I still have to stop and get a couple more boxes of tissue because I've been crying about her so much this week that I've run out again...

On the home front, things are moving along nicely. When we get back from vacation there will be about 5 1/2 weeks left until DS starts processing and becomes Mr.SoonToBeBlue. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, right? Right.

Allrighty then. I'm here until 4:30 today but dont' be surprised if I turn on my blogmail a little early and cut out of here. I've got stuff piled up but nothing packed yet and I have an exam in one of my college classes at 5. What a way to spend a birthday, huh? Packing and tests, blech.

Gosh it's going to be a wonderful weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Happy birthday! Have a wonderful trip!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Mol! :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger grandma1 said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy San Antonio, be sure to take the little boat on the river. Spend some time at the river walk. Lots of good food on the river walk. Wait to celebrate your birthday with your new airwoman.

9:43 AM  
Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

Happy Birthday! 38's not so bad. I'm staring down 39 and trying to get comfortable with the idea before it happens in August.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Happy Birthday!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you thank you thank you!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

Hey...38 isn't bad! I'll be 37 this year...and hey, 40 is the new 20 you, know! I say...whatever...I am a hell of a lot smarter than I was at 20! Girl...have some fun and love that baby girl of yours!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Jolie said...

Happy Birthday. Girl I feel your pain. My kids are 15, 14 and 13 so they will all be leaving me bam, bam, bam too. *sigh* Have a great trip. By the way, I love your sec stories. Thank goodness I now work for a solo attorney and its just me by my lonesome.

12:16 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

38 ? Happy Birthday Kim. I would give my two ovaries to be 38 again. Oh I already did ..sorry. Congrats on the daughter being an airmen now .. or airwomen. She will be in your arms shortly. Enjoy. It just seems so fast. G just got to Mississippi on Monday. He will be there 7 weeks for his ATI.

12:53 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOHS OH MYGOHS,,, I AM SUCH A LOOSER I AM SOOO SORRY KIM HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATE,,, I HAD TO TAKE THE KDI TO THE DENTIST AND I RAN LATE ALL DAY THIS MORNING I REMEMBERED IT UNTILL THIS MORNING DAMN IT!!!!!!!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Happy birthday late! How'd you do on the test? lol

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home