Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Rabbits! Rabbits!

...don't forget if Rabbits Rabbits are the first words you say on the first day of the month, it will bring you good luck!

Sorry, still swamped at work.
Kinda getting excited about taking vacation next week. Almost wish I could spend it home cleaning house, Lord knows it needs it. But definitely glad to be headed where we're going.

I have been having some funny dreams. We usually work/play so hard all of the time that I just drop into bed and sleep really hard. But I've had two that I remember vividly. The first one was Saturday night. It was weird because I was exhausted and hungry and my feet hurt really bad when I went to bed. I dreamed I was packing a small black suitcase which was sitting on my bed. Only problem with that is, I was only packing for myself and we don't have a small black suitcase. I haven't packed for just me in over 19 years. Very strange. I don't know where I was going or what I was packing for, but I was taking down work clothes and lying them across the open suitcase. Strange. The second dream was night before last. Again, a strange dream. I was running all over the house picking up pairs of Lil'DD's socks. I was packing, again, except the regular suitcase in the middle of the living room floor like I always do. I picked up clean pairs of her socks out of the kitchen. The bathroom. All of the bedrooms. All over the house. And every pair I picked up had holes in the heels of both socks! Every pair!! My problem with that dream is that I had just bought her a dozen new pairs of her favorite socks a couple of weeks ago and even the brand new socks had the exact same holes...

Anyway. That's about all that's going on. Between working both jobs, the volunteer work that is really terribly demanding right now, my college classes and trying to keep up with hubby and the kids, and now finding out yesterday that the reason I've been feeling so bad the past few weeks without really being sick was because of the Pleurisy, I'm only a couple of weeks into the semester and feeling so overwhelmed again that I'm ready to run away where nobody knows my name. I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks and if things don't let up I'm gonna quit school. I've also given my notice at that place where I spend all of my volunteer time that I'm not running for office again next year. I've given them so many hours of my life the past four years and while I will be glad to help in a past officer's position but that's all they're gonna get from me for a while... So Anyway, I'm hoping things will slow down eventually.

Counting the days and soon just the hours now. Spoke to Ms.SoonToBeBlue a couple a days ago (how I treasure those 3 minute conversations!!) and she has passed everything so far. This week it's crunch time for exams though so we're praying hard for her still. This time next week we'll already have crossed 2 states and into TX! I absolutely cannot wait to hug my babyblue!!


On The Road To See My BabyBlue!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I'm so glad that you are going to get to see your babyblue soon! :) I'm sure you can't wait!!! I don't know how you juggle all that you do anyways - I think it may be time to throw in the towel on school (at least for now). Especially since you are so close to being able to get your certification without it. Hang in there and try to take things slowly for a little while! :)

1:30 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Give your daughter a cyber hug from all the bloggers. Dreams are good for you, if nothing else they give you something to blog about.

2:24 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Damn girl..volunteer work on top of a job,mothering,school,wifing. My hat is off to you. YOU so do need a vacation. Did you get your daughters pictures yet? I want to see them if you did.

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home