Thursday, January 26, 2006

Oh The Fun Of It...



I don't know if you can tell what this picture is I had to shrink it down so small to get it to post, but there is definitely a story here. Do you remember last THURSDAY I posted about my observations during my adventure to the bank the previous day (WEDNESDAY)? Creature of habit that I am, I usually do my banking on Wed around 11:00. Same channel and all that other stuff. Well, yesterday, (WEDNESDAY) right about 11:00 the building across from the drive through where I bank, which had been built in 1850, collapsed. See the smashed car out front? Neat, isn't it. All 20 people who were working to restore the building at the time escaped uninjured. NOW. For some reason I worked through lunch yesterday and didn't do my banking around 11:00 right across the street from the building collapse. Call it fate. In fact, for some reason or other, I did my banking on Monday this week, totally out of the norm. Let me tell you in no uncertain terms --had I been sitting in my normal Wednesday morning around 11am spot there in the drive through, yesterday around 11 when the building across the street collapsed, I'd be on my way to being a very rich, rich woman. That's right. I have learned a lot during my employment working for lawyers. More than just how to lie. (evil grin and scarey music here) By the time the dust cleared from all of those bricks falling from four stories and a basement collapsing, they would have found me lying in the middle of the street with six or seven bricks placed strategically on top of me as I flopped around on the pavement near that white car like a dead fish.
But sadly, I did my banking two days early and missed my chance to be a millionare. Isn't that my luck? ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Or you could use McDonald's Drive-Thru and order coffee and "spill it" then go back to the office and check out the options. Just kidding. Neat site! Meritt sent me!

4:31 PM  
Blogger grandma1 said...

Aren't you glad you were not there and hurt. Money is fine but not being hurt is better.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Michael - thanks for stopping by and I'll have to thank Merrit for sending you!

Gran - ok. You're right. I'm ashamed of myself...

Nice to see you Gemmak! I've missed you...

Val - I'm laughing with you.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Hey Michael... fancy meeting you here!

As for this building... truly? Honest Injun? That is really a photo of the building you were almost in? And it just collapsed? DANG! Wow... but DANG.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

You're an evil woman. I LIKE IT! lol

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Meritt - It's across the street from my bank and yes it really fell down on Wednesday.

Mol - Thanks!

9:30 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY I MISS YOU!!!!!!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home