Monday, January 23, 2006

Bargains Galore!

Wow. My luck with sale shopping usually has to do with me arriving the day after the sale has ended, OR getting to a sale on time that turns out to be nothing more than jacked up prices with discounts higher than the prices were a week ago... but this time... I hit it right on the button.

This half-a-horse town actually has JCPenneys. A small one. I bought a pair of jeans there before Christmas but they suck and I passed them off to LilDD who doesn't like them either... I usually pick up one or two things then pay my penney's card off just for the fun of it. That's what I had planned on doing today, but it turned out that I scored!

My 10% off coupon was going to expire on the 29th. And I needed to pick up a couple new pairs of work pants for DH. I bought him two. Original price - 55.00 each + tax. My price - 13.49+tax. Since I managed to find those in about three minutes, I wandered over to the ladies department. Bingo! I found a jacket/pants/skirt set marked down from 59.99 to 35.99. Not bad. And I found a second pants suit marked down from 59.99 to 16.19.

I'm happy. My 0 interest penneys' card is even happier.
This must be my lucky day!

7 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

wwoooohhhooooo I want a sale palce,,OH wait you gotta have money first huh,,,

Where are you wwwwaaaaaaa

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yay for sales! I LOVE getting stuff on sale - makes me feel much better about shopping. That is awesome that you were able to get all of that and for such good prices. Sounds like a great weekend to me! :)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

$55 for a pari of pants??? Whhhaaa??

I guess you don't shop at the dollar store.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Woo hoo for shopping! :o)

4:09 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Our JC Penneys closed down a few years ago so they could build a Macys and Nieman Marcus. If I want anything now I have to order on line. I liked that store.

7:10 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

All power to ya, get the good prices while you can. My wife will be soooo jealous.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm a sucker for good sales, too! I recently hit about 4 different Mervyns before they closed...last day everything was 90% off!!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home