Friday, January 20, 2006

TGIF - 2

Well crud. I had hoped that by this time of day I'd have something halfway intelligent to write about. Obviously that didn't happen...

Taking a short trip this weekend. I've been pretty bummed since last night and had a rough morning. Or should I say mourning. Missing all the little things about Ms.GoingToBeBlueIn2.5Weeks. I guess that's a Mommy's right though. So anyway... Got a gig tonight and we'll be in a part of Katrina country we haven't explored yet. Will be interesting to see how they're coming along. Repairs are still going on everywhere here, signs, roofs, trees piled up. But oh well. Life goes on.

I think if someone had told me how bad it was going to hurt when a baby grows up and moves away from home, even when it is a happy step forward into the right direction, and told it very convincingly, I might not have had kids. It really sucks. I'm gonna smother the 2 left at home before this is over. But oh well. Like I said, life goes on.

Well hell. It's not all that bad all of the time. Not really. There are moments of brief glimpses of freedom down the road. Freedom that I haven't explored since I was 19. And hey, I actually have leftovers for the first time in years. That never happened with 3 teens in the house. And she (Ms.GTBBI2.5W) still needs me! Her first letter home asked me to send her stamps! Which, of course, I'd already done a week earlier but mail is so slow coming and going she didn't know when she wrote it... And I'm really happy that she's excited and loving life. Glad that she doesn't know how tough it's been having her gone. She needs this. I know.

Double crud. I didn't mean for this post to turn into a sob story. The ache is there and I'm dealing with it and as a matter of fact I've cut back on my happy pills because I felt so out of it at work I was making some big boo-boos... but Monday is still my quit smoking day and I'm really freaked out about that but we'll deal with it when it gets here. I still have 2.5 days left to smoke and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it. Classes started this week too and I'm already dreading trying to tackle that damn psych class for the 3rd time. I had no prob w/ criminology or sociology. But for some reason psych is just beyond my grasp. At this point it really doesn't matter. A few more months I can test for my certificate without having my degree...

Ok. SO. We are NOT going to sit around the rest of the day and worry about all the petty little blue things that were here this morning. We are going to celebrate the fact that today and next friday, 2 in a row, I am getting out of here before the sec. And We are going to enjoy the moment because she is furious about it, the poor abused, overworked lil' thing. We are going to enjoy the fact that 1/2 a drink tonight and I'll be off my rocker and enjoying myself whether I like it or not. (Making it easier to paste that plastic smile on while I'm watching all the screaming old biddies...) Yeah. As a matter of fact that sounds pretty darn good. Especially since I dont' have to sing too this time.

Have a good weekend.

8 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

My BabyGirl is 15 and I already start to tear up when I think about her leaving for college in just a couple years.

I NEVER would have thought the feelings that parenthood bring could be this strong.

1:09 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

ok buy a bag of dum dum suckers,,, and have them around and lots of water,, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!!!!! You go girl see you first thing monday mronign smelling so purty!! and Clean!!!! Don't forget to buy yoruself a gift too!!!!!

1:11 PM  
Blogger grandma1 said...

Hey I am one of those old biddys and you and hubby wouldn't have any gigs if it wasn't for the little old ladies. Also, remember you will be one of those little old ladies one of these days. My baby left the city were we both lived when she was 40 it doesn't get any better. It is a form of grieving and you just have to live through it. You also have those feelings when grandkids leave the area also. Hang in there.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

youre going to be ok.

i have a degree in psych and i was a TA for forensic, psych disorders of children, and abnormal psych if you need a hand, let me know.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Hang in there chica! You can do it! :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

I have moments like those. We went from having 6 kids in the house full time about 2 years ago. Now we only have 3. Is so quiet. We have tons of leftovers all the time. Most I throw away. I figure I better occupy my time with stuff as I get older because before I know it it will be just me and my husband here with nothing to do and no one to do it with but each other.

5:37 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

I feel your pain on the babygirl thing. Mine is 21 and gettin' ready to spread her wings and fly away from me. I'll be sobbing back at you when she does!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

11:52 and our "sec" isnt in yet.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home