Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Slap Your Mamma!

Busy. I think everybody in the whole darn state just about has been through our office in the past week wanting either a divorce or to probate their granny's estate. Yesterday I didn't come up for air at all except to send an occasional email to Jaye and Val...

On Friday, it was snowing. We shivered and cursed without jackets... we just don't wear them this far south and when the occasional ice or snow blows in, it catches one by surprise! So back to yesterday. It was HOT. Sweating hot. Mid 70's again. Supposed to be that way all week. Not that I'm complaining or anything, mind you. Just merely making the observation that we're having gloriously (is that a word? gloriously??) warm weather for this time of year... So back to yesterday. I was really glad to get home. I kicked my boots off and ran in to change out of my sweater into something cooler. Then, it happened. I paused just long enough to glance in the mirror for the first time since 6 that morning. Just as I started to turn & walk away, it hit me. I just had to look again. And again. A long, gazing look this time. Gosh darn it if I hadn't just had the best hair day of the last year and a half and missed it! Totally missed it! Not just a GOOD hair day. I'm talking slap your mama not a drop of aquanet every hair in place so perfect you want to slap your mamma in glee because you have awesome hair kinda a day. Did I mention that I'd missed it? Busy at my desk when I wasn't steeped in daughter-induced woe, and I missed it! It would have been the kind of sassy, flirty, feel good about yourself and the whole darn world wanna rip your hubby's clothes off and get sexy kind of hair day. AND I MISSED IT! So I cooked dinner. And nobody noticed. But I knew. Oh yes, I knew that whether or not I had been a willing and knowledgable (is that a word? knowledgeable? knowledgable? hmmm). anyway, whether or not I had been a willing and knowing participant, it had been good. fabulous in fact.

The first few hours of the mornings have been very difficult for me the past couple of weeks. Pretty damn hard actually. I'm having a decent morning today, first one. And I'm gonna go enjoy it while I get back to this mountain on my desk. Hope to get around to everybody's blog around lunchtime...

SCORECARD UPDATE!The sec was nice enough to call at 8:05 to inform us she would not be in today because she has a headache... but she sounded a tad hungover ;)

10 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

huh, usually Im the opposite. I go out feeling like Im looking pretty good. Then when I get home later and look in the mirror and my hair is all flat and gross and my makeup is all smear-y.

Hows the hair today?

8:20 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I rarely have what I would consider a good hair day. Not that my hair looks bad, it just doesn't really do much of anything so it's not really bad but not really good either. Oh well! :) Glad to hear you are feeling a little better this morning....stupid sec, she sucks!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sara - just normal hair today, I'm afraid. I checked twice already just to make sure...

Mel - don't you have long naturally curly hair like I do?? I cant remember...

9:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

LOL! Thanks Mike.

11:03 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I want a good hair day,,, hang in there Hey you could always just get a drink of water like I do when I need a smoke hahahah or think I do anyway hahahaaa

1:07 PM  
Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

I have a headache too...must be from all the slapping.

1:08 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

I have curly hair and let me tell you having a great hair day is a rarity. Great for you. Maybe the sec has a headache from all the peeing on the seat she does.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Nope - my hair is pretty much stick straight normally. Very boring! My wedding picture is deceiving but that took an hour of curling with a curling iron, pinning, and tons of hairspray!!! :)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

It snowed?!?!?! We haven't even gotten close to snow here. How did that work?

I haven't had a good hair day in weeks - man you're lucky, even if you didn't know it until late in the day. Think how many people envied your hair that day.....

4:48 AM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

What if I just wanna slap my mama anyway. no good hair day, just wantin' to slap the mama.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home