Tuesday, January 17, 2006

About... Tuesday.

Mikeasked where I was at... well, gosh. Didn't y'all get the holiday yesterday? I mean, goodness! Doesn't the whole world celebrate RobertE.Lee day? LOL... This whole town was shut down tighter than a tic on a coondog...

So like every other person in the county celebrating that particular holiday, I was sitting out in the woods with my rifle. A southern tradition of sorts. Yeah. That's it.

I'm starting to recover from my meltdown. Just in case you're wondering. Thanks to the amazing foresight by the lil'ones who gave me new dishes with only four place settings for Christmas, I can actually cook and serve dinner now without sobbing uncontrollably for an hour and fearing that I will be committed before dessert is done. I can also now go grocery shopping without having a panic attack. Dealing with the sec has been somewhat of a challenge, but hey, I can't have a perfect world, now can I?

3 weeks. 3 more weeks. Yes, I'm afraid I have another countdown going. 3 weeks from today I turn 38 and 3 weeks from tomorrow I leave to go see Ms.GoingToBeBlueIn3Weeks as she CrossesOverIntoTheBlue. Who, by the way, has made it 21 days without a blister, a broken fingernail or a sore muscle. She makes boot camp sound like one big frat party.

That's it for this morning... work's a callin'!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Nice to see the smile on you. Even a little forced it still makes you glow radiantly.

Take Care
Michael

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Yea for your DD! I'll bet you're just uber proud. :o)

Hope you enjoyed your day off...you suck. ;o)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Glad to hear you are doing better and that your daughter is handling boot camp so well! I have super admiration for her! :) That's a great birthday present for you to get to see her like that. How fun! Yay for 3 day weekends!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I didnt get yesterday off. boo. how great that you get to see DD soon.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Val - yep.

Michael - ya think?

Mo- yep.

Mel - definitely!

Sara - sorry you had to work...

Mike - I think she really is!

2:50 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Doesnt it suck to know that the kids can function without you. I mean we want them to grow up but when they actually do its a shock. I am glad you get to go up and see her graduate. Take lots and lots of kleenex. I know you are going to need them. Where is she going for her AIT or is it ATI? You know what I mean.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home