Thursday, February 02, 2006

6 Extra Weeks? HAH!

Hey Idgie! we had a big storm blow through during the night and it's heading right for y'all. I woke up at 3:30 and stayed up the rest of the morning performing MississippiTribalRainDance trying to avert it around you. Sorry hon, I tried!

Don't y'all believe one itty bitty word they said about that nasty fat ole ground hog and 6 more weeks of winter coming. The Japanese Magnolia's bloomed yesterday. Spring is here. There's so many buds on the trees already another week or two and they'll be green. Somebody made a big boo-boo on that one today.

Have to run. Ta-ta!

6 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Our prairie dogs aren't hiding. They're out in full force.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Considering we haven't even had much of a winter this year at all, I find it hard to believe that there possibly could be six more weeks left. Unless it starts now with the cold front we are actually getting tomorrow night. I'm not complaining about the mild winter (although I could have used a few more ice days at home!), but it's just been weird. I heard that it was cloudy up there - how could he possibly have seen his shadow? ;)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

I'm so ready for spring. I hope you are right and the groundhog is wrong.

2:03 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Its never Winter here so even if the ground hog comes out its no differnce here. Hey can you do one of tribal dances when we are due for a hurricane? :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Val - where'd you go this afternoon?

Tig - who's your pick for Superbowl?

Mel - no cold weather allowed in TX for at least 2 weeks. I'm expecting mid 70's down there for my vacation!!

Marybeth - I hope so too!

Linda - Uh, we tried that with Katrina and Rita, and it wasn't too successful. Guess it doesn't work on hurricanes!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Where you are going it should be pretty warm regardless. It's just up here in North Texas that we have the chance for some chilly weather. Of course I'm trying to make it go away too because we are moving next Saturday and I want good weather (ie no rain and not too hot and not too cold!). :)

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home