Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cream Puffs R Us...

By the time I got home yesterday I was so frusterated about Ms.Blue that I yelled at the other two kids about their future finances and told them to expect many discussions on the subject over the next few months. Won't be but a few more weeks and we'll have a Mr.SoonToBeBlue in our midst and I'll be danged if we're going to go through this again with him. Maybe if I start yelling now some of it will sink into his almost 18 year old brain dead brain...

So Ms.Blue finally called. She bought a blanket. And two pairs of jeans oon sale for half price. And 15.00 on sale tennis shoes. And a top. And a 15.00 hat. Spent 65.00 getting highlights put in her hair. Oh, and groceries. Gatorade and plums and poptarts. In my opinion thats a LOT of freeking poptarts. But hey, it's the first time she's ever gone nutziod and as hard as she's been working I guess once is ok. I talked to her about it last night. She did not realize that the ATM would keep giving her money even though SHE didn't own any more money in her account. I know we discussed this before she left home but once a brain-dead 18 year old, always a brain-dead 18 year old I guess. I stressed the importance of keeping up with her balance and making sure it doesn't happen again, stressing even more so the fact that she could lose her security clearance AND get kicked out of the service AND maybe even go to jail over it. Don't know if it got her attention or not. We'll see a month or so from now I guess. I asked her what she was going to do about the money she owes the bank (She's only 35.00 overdrawn but hey, I made it as serious as I could...) she asked me "I dunno. What can I do?? About that time, DH hollers across the room loud enough for her to hear, "We'll fix it for you this time but make sure it doesn't happen again." I swear, that man has been a marshmallow where she is concerned ever since she made it through BMT. She quickly insisted ok and she will pay us back. Yeah, well, we'll see. So... by this morning, I still don't know if she's going to learn anything from this or not. In fact, I'm not only going to put enough money in to cover her shortage, I convinced myself on the way to work that I need to also put in an extra 40 bucks so she'll have some spending money this weekend... because being stuck on base all weekend with no money would suck... oh I'm such an idiot. I know this is gonna bite me in the butt later. But please... No "I told you So's" from the peanut gallery. These growing pains and being away from my baby girl hurt enough as it is...

SCORECARD UPDATE The sec is off today and tomorrow. Which makes 12 days off PLUS HOLIDAYS in the past 3 months. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Hey woman, you do what you need to do. I don't fault you at all really. I hope she's learned her lesson and it sounds like you're handling it just right. My mom bailed me out once when I was 17 and that was it. She gave me one chance and told me not to overdraw again, and I didn't. You're a good mama. :o)

She's been off for 12 days??? I hope she's not getting paid for them!

9:34 AM  
Blogger pebblepie said...

Well you know you're an idiot, that's a ood start...lol
Not really funny though, I might have to sic Dr. Phil on you!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Angelia said...

Aww what a good mommy. :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

A weekend stuck on base with no money might be a good lesson (Im just sayin)

Jean, hat, blanket, top, highlights and groceries- I think she is leaving some stuff out.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home