Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday Scorecard Update & Stuff

Sec is out again today! It is so darn peaceful, I wish she'd stay gone...

It's been one of those weeks. I don't do drama well and there isn't usually much of it around here. I think things are finally winding down a bit now, at least I hope so because life's too darn short to stress as much as has been going round the past few days... Sunday night we got back into town after vacation and DH and DS got into a wreck after a huge deer jumped into the windshield of one of our trucks. $4,300.00 worth of damage to the truck (sigh). I posted earlier that it was the same vehicle that got busted up during katrina. I'm sure my insurance co loves me at this point in time because we've had the truck less than 6 months. So DH has been taking my truck to work every day while his is in the shop. I should have known better. Last night we had to go somewhere and he wanted to cram all of us into the little rental car rather than into my truck. We ran into his boss who filled me in on the fact that Dh had hit ANOTHER deer in MY truck on the way to work YESTERDAY. (sigh) I still haven't gone out and looked. At this point, I don't even want to know. Period. Have I said I don't like drama?

Ms.MakingMeHoldMyBreathUntilITurnBlue is still on my list. Mr.NextToBeSwornInBlue still has his appointment to sign papers tomorrow. And BabyGirlDD is still flying under the radar and staying out of trouble.

I can't wait for the weekend to start. We are actually staying home. HOME! And the kids have been warned we're doing spring cleaning.

Y'all know this shit is still happening because of that idiot who opened his umbrella in front of me inside the office a few weeks back, right? At least there's no poker this weekend! Cleaning sounds like a healthy fix to all this silly stress!

I walked into work this morning and one of the attys asked me out of the blue, "How did you get here?" (HUH? Surely this is a trick question...) you mean, how did I get HERE? pointing to the floor where I was standing. "Yes. How did you end up here?" ...he did not, could not, cannot remember how my employment with them came to be. LOL. I remember the dress I wore that day. I remember the tie he & my boss were wearing when they interviewed me. I even remember what the sec was wearing. Heck, it's only been 3.5 years. ...it seems that he tried a case yesterday having to do with someone who has alzheimers. And when he got out of court he spent the rest of the night and this morning worrying because he couldn't remember how it came about that I started working for them! (giggle)

2 Comments:

Blogger Marybeth said...

Cleaning...must be something in the air. That's what I'm doing this weekend, too. Sounds to me...that it's probably a good idea.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Angelia said...

what is with deer and military parents. We hit one on the way down to sc to see Nick grad.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home