Friday, October 28, 2005

The UNFortune

Gosh I've been having so much fun with my boots this week. It's been so cold I've been able to wear a different pair every day and still have five pairs I haven't worn yet. Every day someone comments about them. Today I got very bery brave and wore a new pink sweater with... the pink boots! DH and I met for lunch and someone came up and asked where I got them.

Oh, so about the unfortune. We had chineese, which was great. Until she brought our bill and our fortune cookies. My cookie had no fortune! None at all... which is not a good thing right now. You know how superstitious I am about those two particular things, right? Well, this could really make an impact on them both! Gosh, the hunter's ball is tomorrow night... we're supposed to get back just in time to make it there... does no fortune mean no deer for my freezer?? (It's still almost empty since we lost everything in both freezers from Katrina...) and even worse than that... the preliminary rounds of that big tourney start next week... does that mean I should not play or what? Goodness. Perhaps the pink boots are jinxed.

Good thing I don't take those things (fortune cookies) seriously. I could be scarred for life! ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Hey you work for an attorney, sue the restraunt and fortune cookie company. (just kidding)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Since my fortune cookies always have lottery numbers in them instead of fortunes....

This will make you feel better - they're not even really chinease. Fortune cookies were invented in America back in the early 1900s as a cute gimmik at a Chinease restaurant.

There you go - no deep real fortune telling there!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

LOL - I know that Idgie... thanks!

1:35 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I would hve gone to get another one!!!!!!!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home