Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Another Rant...

32 degrees in October in the deep South?? Be afraid of the coming winter... be very, very afraid.

If you don't want to hear anymore about the sec or this awful job, just click the back button or x out of your browser right now!

I am so fed up with this place and hoping that sooner or later someone will call on one of DH's resumes. I'm sending his out rather than mine, because while I've got a ton of education, he's an engineer with excellent references from his past employers (that's what happens when you take many years off to stay at home and raise kids, I'm afraid...). Anyway, something just has to give pretty soon. I am just about absolutely sick of this place. It's been over 2 years since my last raise, and frankly, these people just can't afford to pay me any more. (their account stays in overdraft as it is... but that's only because the sec is in charge of that account and she's a whole nother paragraph in this particular rant post...) I have no benefits, at all. No insurance, no 401k, no sick days... the ONLY good thing about working here right now is I can take off like yesterday. Other than that, if I were a hating sort of person, I would really think about hating my job here.

Of course working with the sec doesn't make it any easier. Yesterday when I walked past her desk and told her "see you in the morning" she turned into a full-blown monster. Fire shooting out the eyes and nail spitting sort of (b)witch. She was REALLY ticked off that my boss had given me the afternoon off... she's said repeatedly how she works so many more hours that I do and they don't pay her enough (she takes home almost 700 a week!) (HAH) Anyway, yesterday morning I called and woke her up at ten minutes before eight. She was in bed, as usual and said she'd be in --in an hour or so. One of the attys heard my side of the conversation and said, "Why doesn't she use an alarm clock, like normal people?" ...nothing normal about that broad, that's for sure. So then, this morning, knowing full well she's still ticked off at me for leaving yesterday AND most likely still asleep, I called her at 7:35 and in my brightest and most cheerful voice woke her up and asked her if she wanted me to pick up breakfast, since I had time to stop. She growled and went back to sleep. At ten minutes before eight, a client was already here at the office needing to sign something she was supposed to have done yesterday. I called her (woke her up a second time) she said she hadn't done it and cussed me out for calling her at ten minutes to eight (she's supposed to be here by eight, right?) ...SO. Like I said, I could really hate this place.

Sorry to keep fussing about the same old thing. We're praying about how to fix it and sending resumes, trying to fix it... and waiting to see what God's plan for us is going to be...

EDITED 9:01... my boss just told me he needed me to run somewhere with him to give someone an oath (as a notary I can swear people (hehehe)... anyway, the sec heard him say it, picked up her purse and said, "I'm going home" and walked out the door. He told me to call her and see if she's coming back (the office will be locked and empty now!) and she hung up on me! Gosh what a weenie she is...

10 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I never get sick of hearing about the sec. I just feel bad that you actually have to deal with her every day (well when she bothers to show up).

Hopefully you can kick that place soon and they will hire someone just as incompetant as she is and they can fight over who leaves first and who comes in the latest.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

Geesh, Kim...I feel for ya, Girl. If she cussed me for doing what I'm supposed to...I'd see how she likes not getting a wake up call! Hang in there...God has a plan for you!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sara and Marybeth -- I posted another paragraph after your comments...

9:04 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

UUUMMMM I thought you said you worked with MEN, WHERE ARE THEIR BALLS????????? What a bunch of freekign weenies they are.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

What did the lawyer say when she hung up on you? she doesnt do anything anyway, why does this woman still have a job????

10:37 AM  
Blogger Mahala said...

Weenie is entirely too kind. She needs a good, redneck bitchslap to bring her back to reality. Are you and your family wanting to relocate? We had an opening for an engineer recently, he was supposed to start last Monday, but I haven't seen him lol. They may just have him hidden away, in fear that the rest of us will frighten him.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yes Romaini! We're sending out resumes to WA, OR, ID, MT, NC and SC.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

I'm with Romani. A good redneck bitchslap would put the world to rights.

Well, if it didn't... it'd still make you feel better! :)

Yah... I am dreading winter! supposed to have our heating bills go up 50% and it's already so cold!!!!!

Nooooo!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

did you notice there was no AZ there

1:28 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

If she doesnt stop I would go into the senior attornys office and tell him this is sounding more and more like a hostile work enviorment. That would stick a bug up his caboose. That will be the day someone cusses me out at work or over the phone. I work with a lot of assholes too but if they step on my toes..well lets just say it wont be pretty.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home