Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Brrrr!

Today is officially the first day of boot weather in the South. It's been 35 degrees the past two mornings when I've come to work. This morning, it not only is 35 degrees OUTSIDE, but it is 35 degrees INSIDE as well. Why it's this cold, in OCTOBER, is beyond me. Why it's this cold in the office, is, well, like everything else around this place, a joke. Remember back right before Katrina came, when the a/c went out and they had to put a new unit in? As long as they ran both units together, the building felt wonderful. BUT. Not it's time to fire up the ole heat for a few days until this cold front realizes it's in the wrong part of the country for this time of year. The new unit heats great. EXCEPT it's working too hard because the other unit (the one that was not replaced) is not blowing at all. No heat. No fan. Nothing. And of course it's so cold I can hardly type. My coffee won't stay hot for five minutes and I have to run and pour it out and get another cup. It sucks, as usual, because most things about this place tend to suck. The heating/ a/c dude won't be in his office until 3, which also about figures in this half-a-horse town. It is COLD. And did I say it sucks?

Have a wonderful day.

Oh, almost forgot. Even though I know she'll never read this, it's Ms.SoonToBeBlue's 18th birthday today. Happy Birthday Ms.SoonToBeBlue! :)
And if you get the chance, stop by Linda's Blog and leave her a kind word. Her son leaves for army boot camp today!

4 Comments:

Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

Brrrr. It's colder down there than it is up here! Do you have sweaters? A coat? A scarf? I never owned any of those things until I moved north. Got by with jackets. Now, the second it dips below 60, out comes the wool.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

its freezing here too, but Im down south with ya, so thats to be expected....I guess. Which means im going to have to find my boxes with my coats. Oh yeah, I was soooo sure I would NOT be living at home anymore by the time it got this cold. That will teach me to assume.

happy Birthday to Ms. SoontobeBlue!"

12:10 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

boot weather? are you going to pull out those pink ones?

1:45 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Saving the pink ones for Friday. So far it's been black, brown and tan :)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home