Monday, February 11, 2008

Peace... and, well, Peace.

I said my peace to Ms.Blue and dropped it. I'm not going to push or nag.

Then the funniest thing happened. Thursday night she and I were visiting with all of our friends and she dropped her bomb on them. They pushed and nagged for about 3 hours. They squawked and talked and reinforced everything I've said from thirty different angles and by the end of the evening had her planning a wedding in October of 2009! Aren't friends wonderful? ...I think mostly she just needed to come home and be reminded the she is loved.

Ok. So that disaster is now under control.

Then yesterday, DH had to go out of town for the week. The company he works for had a warehouse taken out in the tornados last Tuesday and he had to go in with the team of engineers to tell the cleanup crews what product can be salvaged. SO...He's gone for the week.

30 minutes after he left, my fancy-smancy high dollar washing maching broke. The warranty went out 3 weeks ago. I've never bought an extended warranty on anything on my life. EXCEPT...for this paticular washing machine. I loved it so much when I bought it that I couldnt' stand the thought of anything happening to it. So I've been trying all day to arrange for the warranty work so I can wash clothes again.

Taking off early today to drive over to big city and take Ms.Blue to the airport.

I think I forgot to tell you that two weeks ago, Mr.Blue put on his first two stripes and caught up with Ms.Blue in rank. They are both A1C now. (Yep, proud mamma here)

Ok. I think that's all. For now.
Have a good day.
oh! Jaye. I'll try and come and catch up on your blog tomorrow. It's crazy at work!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Thank goodness for such wonderful friends.

4:07 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OH MAN see what a bunch of friends can do. I miss reading you more missy alot ok so start posting and I also hope you have not stopped looking for a new job.

5:15 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

What does big sister think of little brother catching her in rank so soon?
Glad train wreck has been avoided.

12:06 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

so glad that she saw the light and listened to what everyone said!

congrats on both kids doing so well in rank. that is wonderful you be proud!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yay for the friends talking some sense into her- Im sure I have told you about Jay's cousin that got married when she joined the Army so she would get more money. Didnt last a year. (and now she has a baby with a married man)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home