Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Yeah well...

Ok, so I still haven't got the pictures posted. They're still there on my phone waiting , promise.

Ms.Blue spent all weekend baking Christmas cookies to send with cards to airmen in Iraq. She put me on speakerphone and I got to enjoy an hour of listening to her chatter and decorate with her friend and NavyBoy. It was so sweet... Sometimes I'm really proud of her... sometimes.

Mr.Blue called day before yesterday. He changed the dates that he'll be here so that he can meet up with an air force buddy in Houston and then go up and catch the air force academy football game the weekend after Christmas before they have to head back to their base... AND... he got his papers for his first assginment. He's going to spend the first part of his time in the service on a base 3 hours and 20 minutes away from home. So much for seeing the world and all that good stuff.

There's a fact of life now that both my airmen talk to me about that I sure never factored in when they were born. Deployment. Life insurance. Funerals. My children shouldn't have to be thinking about things like that at their age... but anyway... so Ms.Blue should be good until '09 unless something major stirs up between now and then... Mr.Blue can go anytime after April... he was trying to explain to me yesterday that where Ms.Blue will go for 4 months at a time, he can go anywhere from a day to a few months and may go often because of his job. ...at least he's preparing me for the possibles. Knowing is so much better than the unknown... I don't know what I'm going to do if the baby makes that choice also. Not sure I'm that big of a woman to have all three kids serving at the same time. It's enough to make you crazy...

So... Mother in law announced that she is coming back to spend the week when sister in law is coming. Oh Lord help me...

...I'm not a happy camper right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

It's tough being Mom to just one soldier. I just thought I had it bad. Here you have two now, and maybe a third headed in that direction.

I know that you are so proud of the first two, and will be proud of the third if that is what she chooses. Will keep you in my thoughts.

3:27 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

ummm can you stay in your woods for a week?????? hang in there you are a strong woman and mom.

11:22 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

I know the feeling, but it was magnified twice, or thrice. No one ever told us how tough it was to be parents. (Well they did, but we were kids and didn't listen)

2:20 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

oops that should read:
Not magnified twice or thrice.
Wish they would let us make corrections.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home