Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Step In The Right Direction.

Oh man.

I got the call for the 2nd interview Monday. Both appointments were over on State Street in the capitol city. A block apart. One at 9 and one at 2. ...the first one was ok. But I don't want to do temp work when I could be here. The second one. OMG. the firm is over 100 years old. some heavy hitters work there. My interview lasted an hour and a half. I have my fingers crossed because it would be a dream job with a dream pay.

OK. Then I came back this morning and the sec made all sorts of changes to the phone. at 8:40 we realized they were not ringing and they'd been disconnected. She'd 1) failed to pay the bill and 2) authorized someone who'd faxed ME a quote on the phones to switch our service. (InsertBadWordHere). I jumped on her ass. I'm the only one authorized to make changes on the phone system and I review quotes and run them by my boss a couple times a year. They can't do business without the damn phones. I reminded her that I do still work here and some of what comes through here is actually my job to do and she needs to back off.

Man I feel better

Back to the interviews.
I want the job from yesterday afternoon.
She handed me a two-page (TWO PAGE!) printout on their benefit packages.
I wish I'd been not so nervous and a little bit more well spoken. (hindsight)
The position wouldn't be doing the same sort of work I'm doing now, which I really love. It's an executive legal secretary for a lobbiest and a 1st year associate. Very nice pay. I could see myself there.

So that's where that's at.
In the meantime, I've been promised another (ANOTHER? I NEVER GOT THE LAST ONE) raise to keep me here and not do temp work. Yeah whatever. Show me the freeking money.

Happy Holidays.

5 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

They can off you the Sun, Moon and Stars, but as long as the checks bounce what good is it?
Thoughts and prayers you get the dream job.

10:33 AM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

yeah don't buy into the raise thing. they have made empty promises for how long now!! didn't they ever hear the phrase, actions speak louder than words!!! i so hope you get that job you want with firm and better money and great benefits. keep us posted and i will be praying for you. hey i am still waiting for the dream house pictures. i am so excited for you and can't wait to see them. don't be such a stranger and stop by my blog sometime. i miss talking to you!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep focused and push ahead! You will get that dream job!!!:)

1:04 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

DAMN girl you keep telling then that you want the big bucks and get rid of that fool girl... I SO HOPE YOU GET THE GOOD ONE I AM PRAYIN FOR YA....


sorry I am late

12:20 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

ok you better not leave and forget us

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home